Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Would you include your national flag in your AR badge? Or is it just too cheesey?

• Remain with St. George - England

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Remain with St George - It's Alfa Romeo NOT England!

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Change to Saltire - Scotland

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Change to Dragon - Wales

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Change to Maple Leaf - Canada

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Change to another national flag emblem

Votes: 1 4.2%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Other ;)

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
not at all, owning an Alfa unites people across borders

and would Alfa want a German flag on it, taking the idea to another level

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
it doesn't represent england, or any other nation for that matter. why change it anyway, it's alfa's emblem? :confused: or are there scots out there who are so inflamed by the red cross on white background that they'd be sad enough to remove it from a completely different emblem? :lol:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
the red cross on a white background is part of Milan's coat of arms, you know, where alfa was founded:rolleyes:;):lol:

the serpant is the coat of arms of the Visconti family(of milan):thumbs: (incase people didnt know)

so id vote other if there was an option so im not voting:lol:

·
Premium Member
77,412 Posts
it doesn't represent england, or any other nation for that matter. why change it anyway, it's alfa's emblem? :confused: or are there scots out there who are so inflamed by the red cross on white background that they'd be sad enough to remove it from a completely different emblem? :lol:
there will be some scotch who might feel the need :tut:

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
The St. George's flag, a red cross on a white field, was adopted by England and the City of London in 1190 for their ships entering the Mediterranean to benefit from the protection of the Geonoese fleet. The English Monarch paid an annual tribute to the Doge of Genoa for this privilege."

As for the Alfa Badge it has as much to do with the English Flag as it has to the Japanese flag...i.e. NONE ;)

G

·
the red cross on a white background is part of Milan's coat of arms, you know, where alfa was founded:rolleyes:;):lol:

the serpant is the coat of arms of the Visconti family(of milan):thumbs: (incase people didnt know):
Wow! So enlightening.

I'm sure a lot of us didn't know that..... :rolleyes: :lol:

To the OP - vote for status quo.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Wow! So enlightening.

I'm sure a lot of us didn't know that..... :rolleyes: :lol:
you would be supprised i.e the OP:lol:

·
Registered
126 Posts
i would just rather leave my Alfa badge as it is... odd for me though as i normally like to de-bage my cars... not feeling that urge with the alfa

·
Registered
39,044 Posts
Mine stays as it is.

I would vote other if the option was there but as it isn't I am not voting.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts

the serpant* is the coat of arms of the Visconti family(of milan):thumbs: (incase people didnt know)

so id vote other if there was an option so im not voting:lol:
*serpent :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
not my fault. you will have to pay more attention in future...
nerner: and im sure you have never miss typed anything in your perfect world:upyours2::lol:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts