• Either....do not care which one

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If the 147 GTA was available as both 3 door and 5 door which would you choose?

Please onswer one of the questions as to what you would choose if you were to buy a 147 GTA, whether you can afford one or not. ;) :D

I find it really anoying that the performace versions are only 3 door.

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
Why exclude people with families from the fun?
Damn annoying how manfacturers do this. :mad:
Should follow Audis route and launch their preformance versions as bloody great estaes only. :D

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spiderman said:
Why exclude people with families from the fun?
Damn annoying how manfacturers do this. :mad:
Should follow Audis route and launch their preformance versions as bloody great estaes only. :D
Exactly my thoughts.
I would like a 5 door because I regularly have more than two people in the car and 3 doors is inconvienient.

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
3 doors... as people with kids shouldn't drive a GTA (with kids in the back etc.)

Just make the 1.6L 5 door so that people with kids can't drive fast ;)

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
And with that I don't mean the 1.6 isn't fast :D

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
And by that I don't mean it's anything near the GTA's speed... oh... I'll shut up now :eek:

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
3 doors, of course. :cool:
I can't even imagine a 147GTA with 5 doors :rolleyes:

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Pasi said:
I'll shut up now :eek:
That might be better... or I'll take you in my super duper remaped 1.6 :cool: :D ;)

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pasi said:
3 doors... as people with kids shouldn't drive a GTA (with kids in the back etc.)

Just make the 1.6L 5 door so that people with kids can't drive fast ;)
The only way to keep your kids safe from the "I will live for ever" hoons is to have a fast car :D ;)

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I am sure Alfa would stick a 3.2V6 in a five door if you ask nicely. But I doubt they would actually release it as a model.

However if you need to transport kids. The 156GTA is more the model isn't it?

Back in the 70's my uncle bought a Ford panel wagon and got them to stick the biggest V8 they made in the front. Don't remember the size though. If the exhaust pipes were not layed exactly right when it was rebuilt it would shoot fire! :) Pity he sold it, would worth quite a lot if still in good nick today.

Simon

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
eminence said:
I am sure Alfa would stick a 3.2V6 in a five door if you ask nicely. But I doubt they would actually release it as a model.

However if you need to transport kids. The 156GTA is more the model isn't it?

Back in the 70's my uncle bought a Ford panel wagon and got them to stick the biggest V8 they made in the front. Don't remember the size though. If the exhaust pipes were not layed exactly right when it was rebuilt it would shoot fire! :) Pity he sold it, would worth quite a lot if still in good nick today.

Simon
No more room in a 156 than a 147 and looks rather dated inside and out......
which is the reason that a new model is coming. ;)
And in Australia you had to pay about $15000 more for a car with a boot which I do not need
And personally I was never a fan of the 156. My wife cannot even shut the boot once it is open as it is too high without any grab handles such as on the 147
I want a GTA and want 4 doors and a 147 is more perky than the "boring old" 156 ;)

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
eminence said:
But it does have four doors ;) The interior of GTVs and Spiders is dated. They were using parts from 33s!

Simon
LOL

The GTV should have been a genuine 2+2 coupe like the current GT ...
and would have been more in keeping with the GTV's of the 60's, 70's and 80's
Instead we for a hard top spider :(

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I would buy a 5-door GTA anyday (presuming I had the cash). I strongly believe that the 5-door 147s (GTA or not) are much better looking that the 3-door versions :cool: .

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
I'm with Amyndas on this one - I have always preferred the look of the 5-door 147 to the 3-door.

I would definitely consider a 147, but I still prefer the 156 :cool: :)

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Kids.........5Door.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts