Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have 225 / 45 / 17 's I think on the GTA - I've found for quite cheap these - would they fit if I took them down my local tyre place for fitting?

There are 2 x 225/40 ZR 18 (92Y) usually front tyres and 2 x 255/35 ZR 18 (94Y) usually rear fitment

·
Registered
30,074 Posts
You know you can't put 18" tyres on your 17" rims...?

In 18", 225/40R18 front & rear is the norm.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes yes, lap it up guys.. before you know it, I'll be the fountain of Alfa knowledge.. :rolleyes: Ahem

The big question, what would you choose? - Goodyear Eagle F1 (2) or Michelin PS3's? Found the Goodyears for £384 inc. delivery... seems pretty damn good after researching nearly all day? Kwik fit wanted £184 per tyre (after a £15 discount! (per tyre)).. Not sure why I bothered to ask. On the plus side, I did get my MOT off them for £25, and it passed with flying colours :thumbs: He even fixed the bar for the self-levelling headlights which had popped out. Result

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Not sure about the latest Goodyear tyres but my last set were f1's and although they gave good grip they wore badly and were uneven. Personally wouldn't go for them again.

I'm very happy with the mitchelin ps3's. Good wear, not too much noise and good grip. They are supposed to reduce consumption too although I haven't noticed that...

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
Yes yes, lap it up guys.. before you know it, I'll be the fountain of Alfa knowledge.. :rolleyes: Ahem

The big question, what would you choose? - Goodyear Eagle F1 (2) or Michelin PS3's? Found the Goodyears for £384 inc. delivery... seems pretty damn good after researching nearly all day? Kwik fit wanted £184 per tyre (after a £15 discount! (per tyre)).. Not sure why I bothered to ask. On the plus side, I did get my MOT off them for £25, and it passed with flying colours :thumbs: He even fixed the bar for the self-levelling headlights which had popped out. Result
Good price for the Goodyears. If you can get PS3s for anywhere near that price, I'd go for them instead.

·
Registered
30,074 Posts
Best price I can find at the moment is £112.80 fitted for the Goodyear F1 Asymmetrical.
(225/45R17 94Y)

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where's that David? The 96 was delivered, and I know I won't find fitting that cheap around here.. will see what price I can find the ps3 for

·
Registered
642 Posts
Not sure about the latest Goodyear tyres but my last set were f1's and although they gave good grip they wore badly and were uneven. Personally wouldn't go for them again.
I'm on my third set of F1s and I've had no such problems, although the fronts do only last me 6000 miles but that's more to do with how they're used.

Goodyear have now replaced them with the Eagle F1 2, supposed to have even better grip with better wear and less noisier so go for those if you can.

Elite had them in stock when I was there a month ago but they're not on their site so give them a call and check. They do also negotiate on price if you've seen the tyres cheaper elsewhere, but if you don't ask you don't get.

·
Vendor
45,777 Posts
The old Eagle F1 symmetrics (GSD3) were a right pain in the backside for doing this, especially on the rear axle of Alfas for some reason. Never heard of it happening with the 'new' asymmetrics.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Trying to decide between £504 fitted for set of the ps3's

Or, set of the Eagle F1's (2) fitted for £437 .. tempted by the eagles at that price

Both places are very local..mmm ...decisions

1 - 20 of 30 Posts