Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... it seems irrelative but it is relative.

Guys... I am on a date with a new chick (yesterday).... and we are drinking. Then suddenly she calls my Alfa a Ford!
Really that was a turn off for me. :alien:

What would it be for you? :thumbup:

(Of course I am a bit kidding about it)

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I once met a woman in the supermarket. We got to talking and ended up going to the cashier together. When we got outside she said "I got an Itchypusy" And I said "you'll have to point it out, those Jap cars all look the same to me".

the 155 got called a volvo (440) in it's day, the 155 forum put "volvo" in the swear filter.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen....

·
Registered
542 Posts
Well... it seems irrelative but it is relative.

Guys... I am on a date with a new chick (yesterday).... and we are drinking. Then suddenly she calls my Alfa a Ford!
Really that was a turn off for me. :alien:

What would it be for you? :thumbup:

(Of course I am a bit kidding about it)
Sounds like something my wife would say when we first met.

Run, run as fast as you can.

And PLEASE!!! Do not say anything about this to my wife!:paranoid:

·
Registered
950 Posts
Could be worse my 6 year old calls mine a Peugeot!!!! Gets me every time :)
But remember their all crackers! Just different levels of crackers! As long as she's LESS crackers then teach her about Alfas later :) good luck lol

·
Read Only
4,556 Posts
I am clearly lucky. Mrs rxe was raised in a family of committed petrol heads. I did not get the usual treatment (which by all accounts was embarrassing for all concerned) from the future father in law because I showed up in an Alfetta GTV. She could tell the difference between a 4,6 and an 8 cylinder engine by listening to it, and was more than capable of handling the Alfetta gearbox.

She does say that she has no fears of me straying - firstly because no one else would have me, and secondly because she simply needs to look out of the kitchen window to confirm that I am nearby - yes, the feet are protruding from under a car, everything is OK. She also understands that Sunday lunch is likely to be consumed by father + children covered in filth and smelling of oil. We do wash our hands and faces though.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Give her a chance! U can teach her all about alfas , if she's willing to listen! She may other qualities..........?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am going to keep the other one, she called my GQV "your toy", she petted the logos. Appreciated the whole thing.

Although After months of driving the TCT, i went back for 2 weeks on a manual car :furious:... DI SA STER!
1. Tried to start the car with engaged gear (first 2 days)
2. forgot to change gear sometimes
3. tried to just break on stop signs/traffic lights without clutch!
(mind lost training)

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I am going to keep the other one, she called my GQV "your toy", she petted the logos. Appreciated the whole thing.

Although After months of driving the TCT, i went back for 2 weeks on a manual car :furious:... DI SA STER!
1. Tried to start the car with engaged gear (first 2 days)
2. forgot to change gear sometimes
3. tried to just break on stop signs/traffic lights without clutch!
(mind lost training)
That's wee funny

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
My GF likes cars although she does not drive, however the other month and one dark evening I drop her off at the local hospital after parking up. Black GT.
On her return I watch her confused for a minute whilst she try's to open the door of a black Vauxhall Astra :lol:

I sold the GT.

·
Registered
13,247 Posts
One young lady once summed up my 33P4 as "kind of an Italian XR3i.." :D

The Younger Mrs S. thought the 156 SW was a 147.. :thumbs:

Ralf S.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts