Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...if i sprayed it white?

wel not my car now but i have some sort of fetish for white cars.

what i was thinking of doing was finding a cheap 147 with nakkered paint, posibly smashed bumper or somthing and put a gta stye front on.

ripping it down myself and getting the whole thing sprayed GTA white.

could this devalue the car because its a non-original colour even if it was the white they used for the gta?

does anyone have any pictures of a white 147 or anyone any good on photoshop?

would love to have somthing a bit different!
its just an idea, please don't have a go at me. And yes i realise that the respray alone would cost well over a grand.

Danny.

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
You have to be very careful with white IMO, it either looks great or awful, depending on the car and the alloys (or lack of them) . Personally I don't like white cars.

G

·
I think it would suit a 147. If you are starting with one that look rough, you are unlikely to devalue it further. I doubt you would add the cost of the paint in value though.

·
Registered
39,044 Posts
White is also the colour of a 3rd world Taxi.

It is also one of those colours that comes and goes out of fashion. You may have a hell of a job shifting it if you paint it white and it goes out of fashion.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers guys.

have always thought white cars look very... clean...if they are kept clean obv. one of my faves in the new shape spider in white. Theres a difference between dirty van white and polished pearl white on a nice car.

that white 147 looks lovley, BUT would look much better with the GTA kit and white or black GTA alloys.

i know it wouldnt be to everybodys taste but would be different! which i like the idea of.

anyone know how much a good repray would cost if the stripping of pannels was done by myself?

its so tempting to do but i know it could cost a lot and take a long time..

·
Vendor
46,591 Posts
The pre-facelift didn't reach the UK in white, I do know of one in the UK that was ordered in RHD through Alfa Germany, I have seen the car and it looks great IMO. Really looks good with GTA headlights :cool:

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Do it man. I was thinking of doing my roof black. Any thoughts???

·
Registered
504 Posts
How can you devalue a 2nd hand alfa? They don't have any to start with! :lol:

The collezione looks nice in white with a black roof.

Isn't there a few members with white 147gta's on the forum? They look ok.

Still wouldn't want a white car myself though.

G

·
if you really want a colour change and want to add value you need to an inside and out repaint, i had a few quotes for this, as i wanted to do my 156 white, i had a quote for a strip down and rebuild ie engine out. it was £5500

·
Registered
504 Posts
I personally love white cars, I'm seriously looking at a white Ducati Corse 147 at the moment... Very beautiful machine!

Had my heart set on a GT, but after seeing this I don't know!
That bodykit isn't standard on the Ducati Corse is it? looks good on it though.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts