Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, as above, having spent time in a 3.2 GT and loving the steering wheel and front seats I'm wondering has anyone manage to fit them into a 156 ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I believe the later 156s came with the same steering wheel and seats as the GT. I do agree that it is a much nicer wheel to hold than the older flat style from the 156

·
Registered
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.8TS
414 Posts
Depends on the age. Steering wheel will only fit into RST - but is not a straight fit. There are locating splines on the steering wheel of 147/GT, there aren't on the 156 RST. But it can be hammered down pretty easily. The early 156s has coarser splines, so won't fit at all.

I can't speak for the seats, but I'm aware that at least for early 156s there's a difference in the rail width compared to 147/GT (this I know, because 147/GT seats fit straight into Punto 188 - whereas 156 don't). I don't know if the seat railing was updated on the 156 RST.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, think I'll try it then. Its a facelift 156, with the stereo controls on the wheel.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I fitted a 156 wheel to my 2004 (non facelift) 147 with no problems, but when I fitted the same wheel to my (facelift) 2008 147 I had to drill some of the back off as it wouldnt fit flush and caused problems with the VDC sensor. So it may go straight on or it may have to be modded.

I m guessing your 156 is not a facelift model as 147, GT and 156 facelift steering wheels look the same. I ve a pic of a 156 facelfit wheel on a non facelfit, so it will fit.

Also attached are a couple of pics of 156 GTA seats in a 147 GTA, so theyll go in, cant say if any mods would be needed, but if they are then it should be pretty easy to do.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I fitted a 156 wheel to my 2004 (non facelift) 147 with no problems, but when I fitted the same wheel to my (facelift) 2008 147 I had to drill some of the back off as it wouldnt fit flush and caused problems with the VDC sensor. So it may go straight on or it may have to be modded.

I m guessing your 156 is not a facelift model as 147, GT and 156 facelift steering wheels look the same. I ve a pic of a 156 facelfit wheel on a non facelfit, so it will fit.

Also attached are a couple of pics of 156 GTA seats in a 147 GTA, so theyll go in, cant say if any mods would be needed, but if they are then it should be pretty easy to do.
Mine is a facelift 156 Typos, but its a GT wheel and seats I wish to fit. Only one way to find out for sure......
Love the chrome vents and centre dials section on the 156, where did you find them ?

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Mine is a facelift 156 Typos, but its a GT wheel and seats I wish to fit. Only one way to find out for sure......
Love the chrome vents and centre dials section on the 156, where did you find them ?
I see, so its the wheel that has a silver bottom spoke you have on the GT then ? Cos thats the only differences (apart from slight fitment differences mentioned earlier).

All 3 are pics I found on the internet, pretty sure the guy with the 156 just sprayed them silver himself.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No the wheel on the GT is different, can't really describe it, it seems thicker rimmed, with a difference in the area at 10 to 2 where you grip it. Much nicer to hold but looks very similar. The wheel is on a 3.2 GT from 2005.

See attached photo's.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
No the wheel on the GT is different, can't really describe it, it seems thicker rimmed, with a difference in the area at 10 to 2 where you grip it. Much nicer to hold but looks very similar. The wheel is on a 3.2 GT from 2005.

See attached photo's.
Yeah, I know thats almost like the sport wheel, apart from lacking the indents for thumbs) and it does have the silver lower spoke, all 147s and GTs do, but only the 156 Sport 150 had a silver lower spoke, I was wrong earlier when I said they were the same.

Thats the 156 Sport wheel, very similar, but not quite the same as Hugh's, did TIs have them too, or has someone retro fitted it ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts