Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a lot of thought and discussion my partner and I have decided that we may have to let the spider go :(............................

to make room for a GTA :thumbs::D I wanted one of these cars for years amd I think I may have found the right one at the right price. However making room for it on the drive is not easy which is why the spider may be for the chop. Over the 18 months we have owned the spider I have put a lot of money into it to get her back up to reasonable condition and TBH I really enjoy having it. :cool:. So I though I'd gauge interest and see if anyone was potentially interested in a reasonably cheap and honest spider. I'll give you some details. 1998 PH2 spider. Originally bought in march 2010 it had been a CAT C write off but repaired by the previous owner and recieved a VIC check. Unfortunately the service history had been lost although I did find a laminated for sale sign with picture from a garage in 2006 stuck behind the door car when I was adjusting the windows which said it had FSH up to 69K. I rang them and they confirmed that if it had said FSH then it would be genuine although that means nothing to anyone else as it can't be proven but it made me feel beter about the car. Since owning the car I have done the belts, variator, serviced, secondhand front bumper and new supports, new rear hood section, wishbones, alarm and various bits of interior trim and engine conponents which have tidied the car up nicely all of which I have receipts for :) . Two main points that let the car down now are the paint which is ok but has many scratches and scuffs. The bonnet is also a poor respray job and was clearly silver before. It could really benefit from a full respray TBH. Also there is damage to the oil coiler pipe that runs along the front crossmember. Obviously it was reused after the crash but is has never leaked so I never got round to changing it. I will do the crankshaft oil seal before selling the car as it has been at on my bench for 6 months :rolleyes:. I will also sell the car with the 17" alfa multispokes that the car has on it and throw in the GTV leather interior I have never got round to fitting which still sits in my garage. I wouldn't be asking for much for the car but I think with all the bits done to it that it should give someone a lot of joy. Not decided on a price yet but it will be fairly low TBH due to paint and lack of SH. As GTA is imminent I may have to make a sacrifice. :( There is a scuff on the passenger rear quarter that is not there on the pics as these were taken before and the new window is also not in the pics. I will take some better pics if I get some interest, just to be honest with you guys:) I also have the V6 aero front splitter which I will fit for you as well as it will be useless to me if the car goes :thumbs:

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
joss, i may be, but it would depend very much on how quickly you need to get rid, as i wont be in a position to buy it for a few months. i will drop you a PM, but please don't hang on to it if you can get a sale before i'm ready, as i can't guarantee anything for at least another month :(

good luck dude :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could put up with shuffling cars for a couple of months. Especially as I know it would be going to a good home buddy and thats what I really want for it. But I won't hold you to anything as requested mate :thumbs:

Other points I forgot to mention. It now has the correct P2 grill and clear indicators.

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
If Lee buys it he can have the back end of Charlotte for a trailer ;)

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If Lee buys it he can have the back end of Charlotte for a trailer ;)
:lol:

How is your search going hun? Found any potential gems?

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
Check the old 'written off' thread ;)

Pictures to follow tonight :D

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mmm. silvery grey! :thumbs: nice colour choice. Can't wait for the pics. Just out of interest what is happening to charlotte. Are you breaking her? Not that I'm a pikey git or anything :D

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
mmm. silvery grey! :thumbs: nice colour choice. Can't wait for the pics. Just out of interest what is happening to charlotte. Are you breaking her? Not that I'm a pikey git or anything :D
I'll be keeping the best bits, and selling what I can ;) keep your eyes out, or treat me really nicely and I'll pm you before I post anything ;)

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll be keeping the best bits, and selling what I can ;) keep your eyes out, or treat me really nicely and I'll pm you before I post anything ;)
[grovel mode] Did I mention you are my favorite AO'er [/grovel mode] :D

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Keep the GTA at my house if you need space..........this way you get to keep the spider, and when you need to drive the GTA, leave the spider!

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tl? Dr?

V

·
0 Posts
too long didn't read.

I just scanned it for a price. although have read it now.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I see. sorry to bore you Hughesy ;). MOT till march 2012. :) If anyone is interested then they can PM me as I don't want to shout out what I'd like or really think it's worth and then it's a bit more serious rathern than open offers :)

V

·
0 Posts
milage?
any tax?
what's the clutch and box like?

I want to make you a cheeky offer but you might add me to your ignore list if it's too cheeky :s

·
Registered
7,723 Posts
Good luck Joss! shame you are letting her go!:( though i understand.:)
Stand your ground on price as the market is silly at the mo and the same models are still for sale and fully sorted ones are selling the rest for parts. OK! I'll stick my neck on the line and start the ball rolling, ... its worth whatever someone is willing to pay!:p

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
milage?
any tax?
what's the clutch and box like?

I want to make you a cheeky offer but you might add me to your ignore list if it's too cheeky :s
92-94k, Can't remember as not with the car.
MOT till March 2012
Tax I think will be out end of september as I doubt mrs bought 12 months the tight wad :lol: Clutch is fine. Done a slave and master in the last couple of months. Third gear can grind if you really really rush it and don't dip the clutch fully 2-3 not coming down 4-3 mind. I have done this on a couple of occasions so I guess its worn. But here is me being honest so you don't end up adding me to your ignore list. :lol: Cheek away hughesy.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good luck Joss! shame you are letting her go!:( though i understand.:)
Stand your ground on price as the market is silly at the mo and the same models are still for sale and fully sorted ones are selling the rest for parts. OK! I'll stick my neck on the line and start the ball rolling, ... its worth whatever someone is willing to pay!:p
sold to EauRouge. I'm will to pay myself 8k so that a very generous offer mate to match it like that;):lol:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you Cheeky Karlos for your offer but that was very cheeky. :lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts