Alfa Romeo Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
37,502 Posts
My work is currently closed until after easter. We do scientific research but it isn't related to COVID-19 so isn't essential in the short term.

Today I gave the Giulietta a clean a polish with Colour magic. Yesterday I fitted new front brake discs and pads. The day before I cleaned and Polished the Bimmer, so I have been keeping busy.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Sat at home working, tho my amazon parcel has just arrived, 3" polishing pads! There's a nice little job waiting for me on the Giulia. Just debating when is an acceptable time to clock off early.
Popping out for a run and helping our son with his home school tasks is making work tasts a little less tedious. I work from home anyway so when not on site, I am sat in my office, so not really much change here.

On the mental side of things I have really tried to limit myself now to just the 6 o'clock news and the daily news conference later in the evening for the latest on Covid19 info, I found the minute by minute commentary on social media and the general news channels etc just becoming so demoralising and not productive in any way, I am aware at how grave the situation is, but being told every 60 seconds by a couch potato numpty on faceache is not helping my mental state. I am mainly limiting my social media now to AO and a couple of F1 & Football groups on Instagram. News apps, Facebook & Twitter all deleted weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
On the mental side of things I have really tried to limit myself now to just the 6 o'clock news and the daily news conference later in the evening for the latest on Covid19 info, I found the minute by minute commentary on social media and the general news channels etc just becoming so demoralising and not productive in any way, I am aware at how grave the situation is, but being told every 60 seconds by a couch potato numpty on faceache is not helping my mental state. I am mainly limiting my social media now to AO and a couple of F1 & Football groups on Instagram. News apps, Facebook & Twitter all deleted weeks ago.
Couldn't agree more with you.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Well...I had planned to install my water meth injection today.....but one of the pipes I bought was the wrong size as was one of the joiners...great. Now I have to wait for few days for the correct parts to arrive....boo.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Im currently home schooling the 8 year old. I have just realised that they have the attention span of a goldfish. If this is their concentration level in school then it's no wonder they come out knowing so little. How the teachers cope with 30 of them I will never know.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I'm going to have a cooked brunch today before doing some housework.
  • Sausages
  • Smoked bacon
  • Black pudding
  • Scrambled eggs
  • Brown sauce
Then a short, local bike ride

·
Registered
33,697 Posts
My work is currently closed until after easter. We do scientific research but it isn't related to COVID-19 so isn't essential in the short term.

Today I gave the Giulietta a clean a polish with Colour magic. Yesterday I fitted new front brake discs and pads. The day before I cleaned and Polished the Bimmer, so I have been keeping busy.
Bolts a bit rusty?

·
Registered
33,697 Posts
You need the rituals to continue in these times. My son however did follow his week day school routine today.

·
Registered
33,697 Posts
Not too bad to be fair but a lot of corrosion on the aluminium hubs where they touch the steel parts such as the brake heat shields and the shocks. Might be worth keeping an eye on it.
I used to paint the wheelbolts with silver hammerite on my first Giulietta but the second one didn’t have the same front face.

·
Registered
33,697 Posts
I realised this morning that the temptation to sleep longer will allow more recall of dreams.
Good or bad?

·
Registered
12,993 Posts
I realised this morning that the temptation to sleep longer will allow more recall of dreams.
Good or bad?
I remember hearing that it is supposedly is a good thing but I can't remember where I heard the information (possibly on a podcast), so I can't point you as to why (LMGTFY?)

·
Registered
12,993 Posts
Does this require a new thread?
There could be an AO dream expert.
I did a search but here's a recent thread.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts