Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Administrator
45,302 Posts
You've picked interesting weather to go to Buxton in. This webcam is just down the road in Flash:

Buxton is a lovely place. But everyone I've known from there has had a bit of a weird streak. I think it's from being trapped in their homes by snow for about 6 months of every year. I'd worry about being kept there by the weather. They'll probably eat you. ;)

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Used to know a Derbyshire girl who would definitely eat you, but she was from Bakewell, where the tarts come from.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Struggled out of bed at 5am to let mutt out for a wee.
Eventually woke up at 6.45, took my tramadol and hobbled downstairs to make brekky for the Mrs
Woke kids up and spent the next 40 mins telling them to shift or they'd miss bus to school.
Took kids to bus/school
Started work about 8.30 waiting for Tramadol to kick in
1100. Tramadol kicked in so now sitting a nice hazey feeling actually working and typing without too much pain.

Rest of the day will be work, pick kids up, bit of shopping for tea, and then take boy to a Scout camp for the weekend, and doping up on said Tramadol.

·
Registered
14,571 Posts
Nobody told me it was going to snow. It's been great but my shoes are **

Attachments

·
Premium Member
77,340 Posts
Up at 4am (went to bed at 7:30pm knackered).

Back to bed at 5:30 - up at 7:45am, and working by 8am in front bedroom/office.

Meetings this morning, contingency planning for BAU, and looking at how our resource can be channelled to support wider contact centre support for covid advice.

Similar stuff this afty. Hopefully an early finish to enjoy some cool sunshine.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I'm going to mow the weeds, even though it's a bit breezy and nippy. Ed Byrne has a new comedy album up on Spotify so I'll listen to that while I'm doing it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Trying to get rid off all these essays I should've written like a month ago, I guess. Maybe I'll buy one or two online. Are there any other students? I need a shoulder to cry on.

·
Premium Member
77,340 Posts
6am - 8am - working
8am - 8:45 - rip out a philadelphus that I no longer require
Brew
9am - meetings & calls begin

I aim to finish about 4pm today

I'm looking forward to 'light nights'

·
Premium Member
77,340 Posts
Information overload in some organisations?

11am - monthly leadership team, now weekly (shorter)
11:30 - almost all staff (national)
1pm - all staff (territorial)
2pm - people group (national)
3:30pm - absolutely everyone (national)

constant intranet & ms team drip feeding too

we're on a long haul flight - at some point we need to turn the in-flight movie off (or be allowed to opt out)

·
Registered
33,697 Posts
Yep. Some of the people are too busy to attend the meeting. One of the NHS trusts near my wife’s is telling everybody, including people who can work from home, to come to the office!

·
Registered
14,571 Posts
My team is having a daily catch up which is fine as it's only a few minutes. I've just been asked if I think a meeting of the entire business unit (120 people), via Microsoft teams, would be a good idea.

120 people, including many complete gobshites, and some who are as thick as mince, basically having a dial-in. Bring it on, I could do with a laugh.

I'm working from home but for now we have been limited in what we can do. To stop myself going round the twist, I've booked the next three Wednesdays off. Today will be spent adjusting the handbrake on my wife's car and cleaning my son's.

Later I shall take my daily exercise with the dog. I'm making sure I walk at least 3 miles every day.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
As I work in the water/wastewater industry and we as a company maintain essential systems for monitoring and legal obligation for the Water Companies we are trying to maintain a service and meet our guidelines for safe working and single staffing.

Lots of Teams meetings today to keep enough workload for our field technicians so we don't have to reduce staff levels. We have clients who don't want us to come to their places (I fully understand).

Personally cut back on my travelling and site visits and catching up on reports and paperwork. I'm getting cabin fever and may need to get my bike out for a ride, but have lots of things to distract me from work too..
  • I keep wanting to wash the car but meetings keep being arranged
  • grass needs a trim
  • house needs a dust and vacuum
  • generally trying to keep a smile on my face and not get mentally sucked down by the news.
Stressful times

PS At lunchtime I repaired my leaking hosepipe

41 - 60 of 80 Posts