Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well my day didn't turn out as expected.

I had a white instead of a red.
I hope you had two whites to confirm that, tonight at least, a red was the wrong route :)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I did. Well, a good half bottle.
Where wine is concerned, very important to do quality control. You can only be assured after several glasses that it passes. Otherwise, some one may accidentally buy the wrong bottle; we do not want this to happen. So this actually falls under the category of More Important Testing :)

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Yesterday spent a leisurely day at a friends Australia Day party. Being Aussies they BBQ on Australia day come what may weather-wise.

Today is a dog walk followed by FA Cup footy on TV (to see what promotion would bring when we get thwacked by City) - I was going to say "car wash", but it's already raining here in the People's Republic of Surrey :-(

·
Registered
44,837 Posts
Suffered from severe sticky mattress syndrome this morning, managed to wrestle free at 8:30. Today I shall be mainly buying travel insurance and checking in to the flight tomorrow 😬 You can have your Bongs or fireworks or whatever next Friday, I wont be here to hear them 😜

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
In addition to my previous plan for today
  • Renewed my BT Sport and Broadband contract, now paying £15/month less. A very successful call.
  • Did my weekly entry to BOTB to win a Stelvio QF (One day it shall be me!!!!)
  • Just rustling up a couple of bacon and egg rolls to line my stomach for an afternoon in the pub.

·
Administrator
45,302 Posts
If you've got one nearby, and can get a membership, I got a set of racking for my garage from Costco which is excellent and was very well priced.

·
Administrator
45,302 Posts
I think it was these ones:

But I also think there were a fair bit cheaper if you got them from the warehouse yourself.

·
Registered
12,993 Posts
As for me, assuming this was the Saturday, my day would have looked like this:
Watch cricket whilst recovering from a light hangover
Go to my sister's house in London in the afternoon
Go to a party with my Parents and sister in the evening.
Spend the night at the girlfriend's flat.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Do you have any particular tips, or did you just threaten to leave them?
Nothing dramatic. The renewal offer letter and the amount they were going to charge me on-line were different so rang to say what's up.

They said they would look at it and then decided to review by internet cost and line rental. Low and behold it's was reduced by £15/m. Also they are sending me a JBL portable speaker!

·
Administrator
45,302 Posts
My hunch is that you will prep really well and the client will respond well to that. My experience is that current or potential clients can sniff out integrity behind a slightly nervous presentation just as well as they can sniff out BS behind one that’s overly polished.

You’ll be fine.
Well, said meeting was yesterday, and it went really well. My nerves disappeared once in the meeting, and it was all very positive. They seemed impressed with quite a few of the ideas we presented about how we would want to approach running their study. Fingers crossed now until they give their feedback and tell us whether they want to use us.

I would like to think this has been an epiphany, and I will no longer spend the few weeks before such a meeting feeling physically sick - but I'm pretty sure I still will.

One nice touch: I took the opportunity of being at the clients home town to meet up for a quick drink with someone from there who I already work with. I will be taken off his study unfortunately if we win this bid. He was originally not happy about that, but accepts the reasoning. He knows the contact for the new study, and has said he will tell them how highly he rates me.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Bazza for the win! I’ll keep my fingers crossed, sir. Keep us posted. :)

I have similar scenarios when we go and pitch; it’s like going for a job interview. I’ve given up trying to be ‘perfect’; honest, open, flawed and human wins you the people you want to work with.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I would like to think this has been an epiphany, and I will no longer spend the few weeks before such a meeting feeling physically sick - but I'm pretty sure I still will.
Was once sat alone in a meeting room, waiting nervously for the audience for a crucial presentation, when a colleague stuck his head in and said: "Isn't the moment before a presentation the most awful feeling ever?"

Glad yours went well, bazza. One tip someone gave me, that I always remembered, was: the audience is on your side. They're hoping you'll do well, not wishing you to fail.

·
Registered
14,571 Posts
Going on a jolly boys' outing to Buxton today. Haven't been in years.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts