• off to Camberley
  • home; making kebabs later
  • Rest of the day; perfect Operation: Bumble
:)

And you?

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Missus out running a race. Me at home with the kids. Might try and lose them at a soft play place later.
When she arrives home I'll be off doing some electrical work on my mates Hilux.
Tonight a rare Chinese takeaway has been planned in. Might wash it down with a red.

·
Administrator
45,303 Posts
Might finally get the Christmas stuff back up the loft. It's in a staging area in the spare bedroom currently.

Then I've been told at work I'm needed at a Bid Defence Meeting, so I'll spend the day, just like every day for the next month, feeling slightly nauseous.

·
Registered
14,571 Posts
Car cleaning. They are all really minging.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@ Bazza - what happens at a bid defence meeting. You are defending budget requests for this year or something? Or justifying why you should win a bid? Sorry if it’s a dumb question.

Keithyboy - I’m with you. But mine has to wait for three more weeks. Then I will do the first wash of the year. Can’t wait. Will mean spring is here :)

(Although already I hear birdsong so that’s promising :))

·
Administrator
45,303 Posts
I work for a Contract Research Organisation. So we're bidding to do some work that a client wants to outsource. I have to talk to them all about their study and how well I'd run it, sounding confident and knowledgeable and the like, and I absolutely hate the very idea of it.

·
Registered
33,697 Posts
I did last bit of developing a cycling coaching session then went to the school where we run the club.
Set up the course I’d drawn up using stakes and “incident tape”, having coordinated the coaching team and the children.
Very pleased with spiral layout. Then conducted the session for next two hours followed by wrap-up talk and handover to the parents.
Cycled back and had lunch with follow up WhatsApp discussion with coaches. Looked at ebay stuff I’m advertising.
Thawed out my feet by now. Tempted to get on Zwift and do some training.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I work for a Contract Research Organisation. So we're bidding to do some work that a client wants to outsource. I have to talk to them all about their study and how well I'd run it, sounding confident and knowledgeable and the like, and I absolutely hate the very idea of it.
My hunch is that you will prep really well and the client will respond well to that. My experience is that current or potential clients can sniff out integrity behind a slightly nervous presentation just as well as they can sniff out BS behind one that’s overly polished.

You’ll be fine.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
  • Was awake at 6:30 (too early on a saturday)
  • Laid awake for a bit then drifted off again until 8:00.
  • Got up and made a coffee, looked out in to the garden to see the fence that had blown down the other week hadn't strangely been fixed. Took coffee back to bed!
  • Got up at 9:30, showered.
  • Then breakfast.
  • Then had a chat with neighbour about the fence.
  • 11:00 popped to shops for some food and a Met Post repair spike.
  • New post erected and one panel re-fitted. Other one fell apart so needs a new one.
  • Afternoon watched FA Cup footy and caught up on some paperwork for work.
  • Arranged a curry night for later.
Tomorrow
  • Get up, have bacon rolls
  • Wash the Giulietta
  • Go to pub, drink beer and watch the Tranmere v Man U game.
  • Drink a bit more and wobble home for a sleep

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think on AO we have a very healthy balance of folks doing stuff and doing... nowt, like me :) I’d like to thank the do-ers for providing the equilibrium that’s needed :)

·
Registered
11,216 Posts
  1. chasing haggis
  2. peeling tatties
  3. preparing neeps
  4. catching haggis
  5. cooking all of the above
  6. whisky
  7. addressing the haggis
  8. whisky
  9. eating all of the above
  10. whisky
  11. did I mention whisky?

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chris, pls excuse my ignorance - how do you chase haggis? (“Well, we take a really good run up...” :))

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I think on AO we have a very healthy balance of folks doing stuff and doing...
Had lunch. What more is needed?

It was 69.2 miles and a few blasts in D mode away, involved some time on the M25 thinking of doing a bazza in the left hand lane (though I wimped out), a great meal and three giggling women of a certain age. (They once screamed at the Beatles in Finsbury Park Astoria).

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
a great meal and three giggling women of a certain age. (They once screamed at the Beatles in Finsbury Park Astoria).
I liked this bit. Time spent with friends you have known for a long time?

·
Registered
11,216 Posts
Chris, pls excuse my ignorance - how do you chase haggis? (“Well, we take a really good run up...” :))
I think this is down to individual personal fitness levels, dancing style, and religious belief in mythical beasts divided by fluidity of imagination. Season to taste. 🙃

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think this is down to individual personal fitness levels, dancing style, and religious belief in mythical beasts divided by fluidity of imagination. Season to taste. 🙃
Chris; I present you with... another whiskey, sir 😎

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
One of them is no friend of mine - she's my wife. The other two are her old school friends and yes, I've known (and liked) them for decades.
Love that. Nothing is better than the company of people who know you well.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts