Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly Big kudos to the few masers , one Lambo , the solitary Ferrari and the showstopping 8c for turning up despite the dodgy weather :thumbs:

But apart from the healthy turn-out af Alfa's ,Fiats ,Lancias and the great alfaowner.com Alfisti's ,There wasn't much on show :confused:
Where were the Ferraris? Lambo's? Maserati's ? There was a healthy turnout last year .Paying £5 a head to sit in a sodden field, on reflection is a bit poor .We could've had the same fun without the mud in the car park in Cupar :rolleyes:
Im not one for complaining too much , but i think my thoughts were echoed by a few dissapointed tifosi yesterday also :(

Feel free to discuss :D

·
Premium Member
13,135 Posts
Unless there was something else on (or just the appauling fuel prices), I think the weather put some off, Even the AROC selection of track cars etc seemed to be missing. I thought the guy with the Lambo was very brave to turn up with the roof off :eek:

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard a few rumours about this and that , but nothing solid about the MIA ferrari's :(

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Yep, I was surprised that only one Ferrari turned up! Mind you after I got stuck in the bog of a field we were in when trying to leave I can understand their thinking. :):rant:

I suppose you need to rely on these people turning up as you can't force them to go. I'd be more disappointed if I had went to Craigtoun as an interested spectator expecting to see a few Ferraris only to discover one had turned up! At least we all had an interest in being there as we're interested in each others cars and to have a natter!

Funnily enough though, when I was on my way home I passed the petrol station in Crook of Devon on the A977 and there was a yellow Ferrari 355 Spider and a pale blue Lamborghini refuelling. They ended up passing me by on the duel carriageway after the kincardine bridge and were heading in the direction of Grangemouth. I also passed a black Ferrari 400i (I think) on the way home too.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
i might upset our firends in the other organisation ;) , i was standing behind a certain person waiting for a coffee , i overheard this person having a rant about the event and how much they dislike doing it :tut:.
Also heard the Ferrari's were having a run with the Aston Martins to Inverkip .So there i have spilled :p

·
Premium Member
13,135 Posts
I suspect the Fezza that was there was only cause it's for sale, But if they had a run organised then fair enough, runs are fun ;)

·
Registered
890 Posts
i might upset our firends in the other organisation ;) , i was standing behind a certain person waiting for a coffee , i overheard this person having a rant about the event and how much they dislike doing it :tut:.
Also heard the Ferrari's were having a run with the Aston Martins to Inverkip .So there i have spilled :p

I heard this Aston run was on at a castle somewhere

·
Registered
890 Posts
I don't think we can really Moan at them do you they have spent so much on a car if we didn't want to go somewhere we wouldn't yes they may think they are above us but why raise to that let's just drop it and see what happens

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We will see them at Hopetoun House :) , would've been nice to see them yesterday, but if they had a run they had a run :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
It would have been nice to see them yesterday but i think our Alfa exotica wasnt half bad, esp as we took up most of the park.

Where did the 500 abarths go, they were there one minute then vanished? i never saw them leave.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,599 Posts
whatever italian car show you go to, Alfa always seem to be the most represented car there

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I just remember the quote of the day " Alfas are only driven by posh people!" Said by a little boy as he walked past :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I know I wasn't there on Sunday but it was the first time I've stayed after 12 years of attendance, so I do feel qualified to throw in my tuppence worth.

Reason for so many ALFA's?.......AROC Scotland organise & host if AlfaOwner turnout is added to theirs you get good numbers.

As for the lack of exotica........yes the run on the same day will have taken its toll - I think we all prefer to drive 'em than stand in a field looking at 'em. But the Ferrari owners are notorius for not attending if the weater is wet. Could be something to do with the venue - even when this was in another field at Falkland Palace they used to do the same. Mind you if it rains at least you get the middle of the field to yourselves.;)

Personally, I think SICD has has its day.:wow: Assembling some italian cars in a field with very little else on offer can only appeal to enthusiasts like us. If AROC really hope to get outsider interest going on this type of event they need to find a venue with hardstanding for parking cars.....think of all those successful English shows you've attended in the past - former airfields, racing circuits and the like. And where are the autojumble stalls, trade stands, valeting/modification/maintenance demonstrations, driving skill trials? All the things which make a motoring show really work.

Hopetoun is a start...at least it's on hardstanding so is not so weather dependant.

I do of course realise that the aforementioned ingredients to a show involve a lot of work and will command a much higher entry price......but this is billed as THE Italian Car show in Scotland.........we deserve better!!

Now.....can anybody help me down from this soap box?;)

Happy to continue the debate with those staying over at Ullapool in July..........then again.....maybe not.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
there's quite a few good venues around that other car shows use up here - crail, balado etc etc....being a grassy field is a problem as the only time i've been i had to get pushed out and covered the helpful pushers with mud :D

·
Premium Member
13,135 Posts
Well, at least Scott only got the car covered in mud yesterday, although a ew of us helping him out nearly ended face down in the stuff as our feet slipped when we were pushing :eek:

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I would prob suggest Crail airfield as a great venue for it going forward. Trouble is hee-haw for the kids to do there. However could do some interesting drag races etc. . . . .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts