Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or ***** as my mum has spelt it on the file in the filing cabinet....

<rant>

The noise it makes at 3.5/4k +. This noise is so terrible it attracts the radar of apolice speed gun :rant:

40 Zone, taxi driving slow so push it a bit to over take and as i drop bakc infront and about to slow down a damned policeman gets me with a gun on a tripod doing 52. Its a mssive open dual carriageway thats a 40 ffs. (northway through maghull).

H ewas wearing a black jacket stood infront of the trees, very wel disguised. While all his colleages hiding down a side road were wearing high vis jackets, 10+ of them aswell.

Sneaky :rant:

</rant>

Only had the alfa 2 weeks aswell and its doneme allready lol, 2 weeks nearly to the hour :(

·
Registered
930 Posts
A taxi driver doing 40mph in a 40mph zone is a taxi driver who knows there is a speed trap ahead methinks.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
mmmm me thinks so to. i've never seen one do the actual speed limit!!!

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Had my licence saved my a taxi on the motorway myself in the past. Merrily doing [some speed] when the taxi pulled over and dropped down to [another speed]. I pulled in behind him, carried on for about a mile, went past the Police with their guns, then Mr Taxi driver proceded to get back up to [some speed]. I did the same.
Fairly common sense though I'd say.

So, you got done for speeding. You were speeding, yes? We all do it, some of us get caught, and if I do, then fair enough.

Today's lesson: Never overtake a Taxi that has dropped down to the speed limit.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Taxi was doing below the speed limit, about 35, thats why i passed him. But ill probs dig my self a hole here no matter what so nvm :cheese:

Was ment to be a bit humourous as im tyring to keep my self cheery about it all :)

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
I have an arrangement with plod,

I do whatever speed I feel is appropriate and they charge me £60 every couple of years for doing so. I even get reward points to collect like at Tesco, must be for some prize or something.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I have an arrangement with plod,

I do whatever speed I feel is appropriate and they charge me £60 every couple of years for doing so. I even get reward points to collect like at Tesco, must be for some prize or something.
Do you get money off vouchers like with Tesco? Don't keep this to yourself, we all need to know!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts