Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worn font tyres on GT.. can't find official wheel alignment settings for 18" rims

I know this subject has many, many threads; but please bear with me. Just had to replace both fronts on my GT (£109 each fully fitted Goodyear Eagle F1's 225x40x18's), the inside tread was down to the webbing - plenty everywhere else :cry: .

I had the tracking checked as this must be contributing to the damage, currently set at 4mm toeing out for the 18" rims. Friendly tyre monkeys checked but couldn't find what the tracking should be. Can anyone give me the official data? I will try the main dealers, but trust you lot far more than them :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Re: Worn font tyres on GT.. can't find official wheel alignment settings for 18" rims

Can't think 18s will be different from standard.
Book says 2mm toe out but zero for sports suspension. Everybody has changed to zero regardless of suspension. My tyre life is now excellent. Plus the noise on braking has gone.
Yours is miles out!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Worn font tyres on GT.. can't find official wheel alignment settings for 18" rims

Update.. just got the inside info from the "clinic" aligned to the dealer (although they were a bit reluctant at first)..

Front = -0 degrees 10 minutes
Rear = 0 degrees

My tracking was indeed way out and the cowboys that did it last time cost me £200, so the moral of the story is to get the real data from a dealer, then make sure whoever does the job knows their stuff!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts

If its any conciliation, you seem to have got a great price on the tyres!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yeah well.. it's some consolation, but would rather have got it right in the first place and have had enough cash left in my pocket to buy Lehman Brothers :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts