·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday 7th Feb 2010

8.30am

Depart 8.45am

Details:

This is an event thread for the convoy leaving from South Mimms Services to the World Record attempt in Epsom, Surrey.

For those of you that haven't yet registered your details, please following this link for further instructions.

Start Point Details:

M25 South Mimms Services - EN6 3QQ

Route Details:

South Mimms to Allams, Epsom KT19 9AS

Destination Details:

Allams Alfa Romeo
Longmead Business Park
12 Felstead Road
Epsom
Surrey
KT19 9AS
01372 736509

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Looking forward to this finger crossed weather cheers up!

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
8:30 :eek: that is going to kill me!!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
8:30 :eek: that is going to kill me!!
Nice one Vince:thumbs:

I feel like a little kid in a candy shop at the moment all excited about this event:lol:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You may have noticed I'm not on the list for this one.

I'll be travelling down the day before in preparation for the big day, so I'm handing the convoy batten over RossoGT. :)

Ross will be leading the pack out so if you have any questions on the day, look out for him. You can't miss him, he'll be the one with the shiniest car. :D

Remember to behave yourself on the drive down. Especially you Vince, we all know how encouraging you can be. :lol:
If you see a smoke screen coming from PeterP then you're driving to fast. :cheese:

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
YAY Im so excited!!!!!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
You can't miss him, he'll be the one with the shiniest car. :D
Them's fightin' words! :mad:

:lol: I'm more concerned with getting my window fixed but if I get the chance, I'll try to get some wax on it.

Nick, your message sounds like one that parents might leave for their kids when going on holiday :D

Aww.. You care about us ;)

Too late to register for the convoy, will it be ok to come along for the ride and spectate at the convoy?
Of course! :)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Them's fightin' words! :mad:

:lol: I'm more concerned with getting my window fixed but if I get the chance, I'll try to get some wax on it.

Nick, your message sounds like one that parents might leave for their kids when going on holiday :D

Aww.. You care about us ;)

Of course! :)

:lol: Im off thursday and friday this week but ive gota work sat :(. Ill be giving the GT sum tlc thursday fingers crossed if weather cheers up!

Whats happend to your window chris?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
You may have noticed I'm not on the list for this one.

I'll be travelling down the day before in preparation for the big day, so I'm handing the convoy batten over RossoGT. :)

Ross will be leading the pack out so if you have any questions on the day, look out for him. You can't miss him, he'll be the one with the shiniest car. :D

Remember to behave yourself on the drive down. Especially you Vince, we all know how encouraging you can be. :lol:
If you see a smoke screen coming from PeterP then you're driving to fast. :cheese:
Lol cheers Nick. Im gona miss not haveing them walkie talkie banters on convoy :(.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
:lol: Im off thursday and friday this week but ive gota work sat :(. Ill be giving the GT sum tlc thursday fingers crossed if weather cheers up!

Whats happend to your window chris?
I'm hoping to get some cleaning time on Saturday, all being well.

The window has gone on the wonk. It froze shut while I was driving the other night. Parked up, pulled the handle, and the window only dropped on one side.. :( And now it's just not aligned properly -- missing the rubber seal on the B-pillar by about 1/4" at the top. Will see what my local indie makes of it tomorrow. Hopefully nothing too extremely painful on the wallet!

Lol cheers Nick. Im gona miss not haveing them walkie talkie banters on convoy :(.
I'm sure we can come up with something :lol:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Of course! :)[/QUOTE]

Cool, the Cloverleaf trackday project will make its debut, all being well, but a weeks a long time in '145 world' :cry:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I'm hoping to get some cleaning time on Saturday, all being well.

The window has gone on the wonk. It froze shut while I was driving the other night. Parked up, pulled the handle, and the window only dropped on one side.. :( And now it's just not aligned properly -- missing the rubber seal on the B-pillar by about 1/4" at the top. Will see what my local indie makes of it tomorrow. Hopefully nothing too extremely painful on the wallet!

I'm sure we can come up with something :lol:
Ahh thats a bugger dude! Hope all gets sorted for ya cheap.

Do you own any walkie talkies chris? I keep meaning to buy some.

·
Registered
941 Posts
If you see a smoke screen coming from PeterP then you're driving to fast.

Nick,

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say!:)

Just because I've got a James Bond thing going on:lol: Every one gets jelious!!! I'm thinking about machine guns at the front somewhere and maybe a rocket launcher out of the boot.:lol:

See you all on Sunday. VVVV excited:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Ahh thats a bugger dude! Hope all gets sorted for ya cheap.

Do you own any walkie talkies chris? I keep meaning to buy some.
Cheers, Ross :)

Yeah I've got two walkies so you're welcome to use one of those. Although they don't quite have the monstrous range of Nick's!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I'll bring a spare too.

Can we agree on a channel sometime?

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
yeah don't want any of those riff raff types from anywhere else listening in :cheese:

i guess someone will be on hand to let us know on the day?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Im sure we can all agree on a channel on the day, we usauly use channel 7. Does everyone have satnavs? or no the route? I shall be leading but just in case our convoy gets broken up, which is more than possible.

Would it be a good idea to have at least another two drivers that own sat navs/walkie talkies one in the middle of the convoy and one at the back :). Just an idea as always works well on the Hertfordshire meets.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts