Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys if you are coming on Sunday can i ask you to have a look at this link below, it was posted on the UK events board, apologies if you have already looked at it

http://www.alfaowner.com/guinness-record-attempt/

Allems of Epsom are attempting a world record, the most amount of Alfas in a convoy, they need over 200.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/allams-alfa-romeo-of-epsom/197296-guinness-world-record-attempt-alfa-convoy.html

Because of the size of the S. West area i have no doubt that some people will be travelling up the m5/m4 and some will use the A303.

The RSVP is for those who are travelling up on the Sunday if you are travelling up on the saturday night please keep a note of the postcode and time of meeting ;)

The postcode is KT19 9AS, we need to be there for 12pm

I have put together a route from Plymouth to Epsom

Meeting points are:
1) Sainsburys - Marsh mills roundabout 7.00 for 7.15 leave
2) point B Exeter services - Jct 30 M5 8:00 for 8:10 leave
3) Point C on the map - postcode BA12 8AP - 9:40 for 9:50 leave, This is where i become one of the group picking up my Alfa for the day :D Cheers K9 :thumbs:
4) Point D is Fleet services on the M3, i have put this in as a quick 'splash and dash' Arrive 11.00 and leave as soon after as possible
5) Point E - Destination - As close to 12pm as possible

||The Route

If anyone is putting together a route from that encompasses the M5/M4 please feel free to send it to me and i will add it to this

The Record attempt is now fully booked, if you haven't got confirmation/PM'd Allems then unfortunately it may be too late, it would be worth asking to be put on the reserve list just in case someone drops out

I have updated the times, K9 has commented that we are cutting it fine to get there for 12pm, so i have moved the times back 30 mins, sorry guys

Finally!!! i have put together a route and timings to get from Bristol to Epsom

Meeting point Asda Cribbs Causeway 8:50 for a 9am Depart
1st stop - Leigh Delamere services M4 - arrive 9:30 Depart 9:40
2nd stop - Reading Services M4 - Arrive 10:40 Depart 10:45
Arrive Epsom 11:45

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=103889361145884085949.00047d76032fef65fe345&t=h&z=9

I am running down the A303, is there anyone who will be going from Bristol would would like to head up the Convoy, if so can you PM me

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Are they laying on food ?

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Saw an 8C spider on the weekend at Dutton Foreshaw ! :D

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was offered one but felt it didn't fit my image that well so passed it up

:lol:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
i was offered one but felt it didn't fit my image that well so passed it up

:lol:
Not so easy to break into to get your keys back either ! :p

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
For anyone travelling the A303-M3 route, point C on the map is the "Lakeside Garden Centre" a right turn for anyone with Jay, there should be a sign on the road for "Grays Carpets" it's his carpark we are invading :)
After you leave the main road it's the 1st carpark on the left, I will be there early and will wave down any passing Alfas, just hope they are part of the convoy :lol:

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Just noticed it's a Sunday, got my wife to book the Saturday off work :lol: because thats when I thought it was :rolleyes:

Don't worry I will still be there :thumbs:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not long now.......and this weather will/should have cleared. Here's hoping for a nice fresh late winters day:)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sparky i will be in a blue Peugeot 406 when i meet you at Exeter.....i'll be the one with a bag over my head trying to hide :D

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Jay just looked at your exit point on the A303 to meet me, you would be better going to the next junction and along the A350, it's a much better road.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just noticed it's a Sunday, got my wife to book the Saturday off work :lol: because thats when I thought it was :rolleyes:

Don't worry I will still be there :thumbs:
are you going to tell her?

I could send you an official AO email saying the dates moved if you want ;)

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
are you going to tell her?

I could send you an official AO email saying the dates moved if you want ;)
Yep, she will understand she knows how rubbish i am with dates, she has to come along anyway the 146 isn't going to drive itself there, not that I let her drive it :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jay just looked at your exit point on the A303 to meet me, you would be better going to the next junction and along the A350, it's a much better road.
I'll amend the route, thanks for that :thumbs:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sparky i will be in a blue Peugeot 406 when i meet you at Exeter.....i'll be the one with a bag over my head trying to hide :D
Well at least it's one of the 'better' modern Pugs, I had a coupe....lovely motor :thumbs:

Maybe you could put an Alfa sticker on the bonnet, just for that part of the trip:lol:

1 - 20 of 101 Posts