Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am in New Zealand. My 2nd Alfa is a 147. Still own the 145, what an exciting car !

I have paid for and downloaded two workshop manuals for the 147.
Really difficult to get the downloads to work. - Supposed to be able to print onto disc.
Don't do that sort of thing these days !
Anyone with a solution to this problem - Please ?
I have an oil leak, probably from rear main seal on the engine, only 120k on the clock.
I guess I will put up with it until i need a new clutch.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Mid Beckett

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi
I am in New Zealand. My 2nd Alfa is a 147. Still own the 145, what an exciting car !

Really difficult to get the downloads to work. - Supposed to be able to print onto disc.
I have an oil leak, probably from rear main seal on the engine, only 120k on the clock.
I guess I will put up with it until i need a new clutch.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Mid Beckett
Which part of NZ? Good to see another Kiwi on here.
It may be worth just cleaning it up and if not already use a quality synthetic oil as these tend to soften up the seals and give some relief.-Has worked before for me on my own and customers cars (used to own a Euro workshop and still do all work on our own).

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Hi
What you have will probably be an .iso file, or an .iso file packaged inside a .zip or .rar file to compress it and make for a smaller download.

If a .zip or .rar, you need to unpack the .iso file. There are many progs that will do this, eg Winzip, Peazip, Winrar, 7-zip - 7-zip is free and good, from 7-Zip

Once you have the .iso, which is an image file for a CD or DVD, you can burn it to a blank disc. A good free programme for this is Active ISO Burner [email protected] ISO Burner. Data CD DVD burning software. Write ISO image to CD,DVD,CD-RW,CDR,DVD-RW - just drag and drop.

-or-

You can store the .iso file somewhere on your computer, eg Desktop, and mount the .iso file so it appears to be an optical disk drive containing the CD. It will then appear in My Computer as G:/Elearn or whatever. This means you don't ever have to find and load a CD. Again, there are many progs that will do this with varying degrees of reliability.

My favourite, after trying several, is Magic ISO MagicISO - Convert BIN to ISO, Create, Edit, Burn, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter/extractor/editor This cost ~$30 but I have to deal with optical drives quite a lot and it does everything: eg turn any folder structure into an .iso, create bootable, transpose different image formats to/from .iso, burn disks, mount virtual optical drives. However there is a more limited freeware version that just mounts an .iso and works well, called Magic Disk Mount ISO Files - Freeware MagicDisc Download

Next problem: versions of Elearn and Eper that I have want to run in Windows XP with IE as the default browser. Elearn is just about OK in Firefox on Windows 7, but Eper is hopelessly broken and really needs a WinXP machine or virtual machine all to itself. Neither behave as normal Windows programs, they expect to take over everything and just sit in the foreground until shut down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts