Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where I work, there are only four of us. It's a busy builders Trade Centre, and we are (happily) busy - but two people are out, leaving just me and the Branch Manager. We are both run off our feet, and gives me absolutely no chance to get my car to my friendly gararge for the MOT (that I have just realised has ran out today :rolleyes::() So now, not only can I not get my car MOT'd, I need to either walk or cycle the near on 7 miles to work as there is no direct bus link to where I work and need two changes. :mad:

On top of that, I get home tonight, pull the handbrake up as I always do, and the ****ing cable snaps :mad: :rant:

No car, no handbrake, a lengthy commute to work and no time to sort any of the car out. I'm beyond pissed off, I want to get something and smash it up :(

Pfft :(

:mad:

·
Registered
240 Posts
look on the bright side, if you had done the MOT in a timely manner, then the handbrake cable went you would have had to make two garage visits in your busy schedule!:cheese:

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Feel for you.

I was convinced my MOT was July and was planning to take her in a few weeks early. When I dug out the MOT it turns out she expired in June.... and I'd been illegal for 6 days. Can no-one else run her to the MOT centre. Not a big job for them to do a cable.

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
look on the bright side, if you had done the MOT in a timely manner, then the handbrake cable went you would have had to make two garage visits in your busy schedule!:cheese:
Yeah, there is that!

Top rant Simon, sorry to hear that though.
Cheers fella. How you doing?

Feel for you.

I was convinced my MOT was July and was planning to take her in a few weeks early. When I dug out the MOT it turns out she expired in June.... and I'd been illegal for 6 days. Can no-one else run her to the MOT centre. Not a big job for them to do a cable.
Nah, already asked around. Guess I'll be dusting my man-powered two wheeler out :rolleyes:

Updated your avatar to reflect the current mood.
Haha, thanks!

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
i have no job and have given up on my car after giving it a wash today and finding new scratches on my rear arch!:D I have been playing Bioshock thou which has kept me in good form.:p:thumbs:

S

·
0 Posts
i have no job and have given up on my car after giving it a wash today and finding new scratches on my rear arch!:D I have been playing Bioshock thou which has kept me in good form.:p:thumbs:
I am Andrew Ryan and I am here to ask you a question:
Is a man not entitled to passionate Italian motoring?

NO says the man in London, you must be taxed onto the bus.
NO says the man in Bavaria, you must buy a repmobile box.
NO says the man in Tokyo, you must buy an SUV.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose...
Alfa Romeo.

(Cracking game BTW :thumbs: )

Sorry for going off topic. Hope you get sorted DojoHamster. Sometimes stressful times like that are opportunities in disguise, no matter how much of a pain they seem. Perhaps you will find a better job, or ask to get a temp in to help?

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
I am Andrew Ryan and I am here to ask you a question:
Is a man not entitled to passionate Italian motoring?

NO says the man in London, you must be taxed onto the bus.
NO says the man in Bavaria, you must buy a repmobile box.
NO says the man in Tokyo, you must buy an SUV.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose...
Alfa Romeo.

(Cracking game BTW :thumbs: )

Sorry for going off topic. Hope you get sorted DojoHamster. Sometimes stressful times like that are opportunities in disguise, no matter how much of a pain they seem. Perhaps you will find a better job, or ask to get a temp in to help?
:lol: funny fecker you are!

Dojo, focus on something positive and the rest will follow!:thumbs:

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
Just have to say I'm impressed with your sense of civic responsibility, Dojo.....

I'd just drive it to work as usual.....compared to the hordes of drivers without tax or insurance its hardly a major crime....and the likelihood of being stopped is minimal.....besides, if you ring the MOT station and book it in, you're totally legit.......

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Only legit from home or place of repair to the test centre...... and that means no scenic detours.

Your insurance is invalid if you had a bump too..... which is unlikely.... but sods law is never far from an Alfa.

·
Registered
764 Posts
True, but the insurance are not likely to check anyway. I did the same last year, was convinced in my mind the MOT ran out at the end of November, a few days before that I found out it had run out 3 weeks before, at the end of October. I had to risk it as I needed to run about all over the county, managed to get the MOT brought forward to the next day though.

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
I went 2 weeks without tax and 3 weeks without MOT due to being out of a job. The way i seen it is, if the police stopped me the charge would work out cheaper than getting the car prepped for MOT.:lol:

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
Only legit from home or place of repair to the test centre...... and that means no scenic detours.

Your insurance is invalid if you had a bump too..... which is unlikely.... but sods law is never far from an Alfa.
I was assuming he'd drive it to the MOT centre then walk to work....but the insurance thing is often quoted......but I've never known of a case of it happening, and have doubts about the legality of it, as lack of an MOT doesn't prove that a vehicle is unroadworthy. I've never been asked by an insurance company to produce an MOT certificate - mind you I've only made one claim in the last 15 years.

·
Registered
25,672 Posts
Think im gonna crack out bioshock again and play it evil this time, can't wait for BioShock 2 :thumbs:

DojoDude, hope you get everything sorted, it's certainly trialling owning an alfa.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts