Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had stay bar, metal coolant hose and xenon rod and sending unit replaced, floor plan rust treated and undersealed. The lower suspension arm hadn't got any worse since the last visit, so has been postponed. Apart from a rusty backbox that I couldn't care less about, after 11 years, I finally have a fully sorted Alfa!

Touching wood, of course.

Fsds and q2 will be done when funds allow, so fingers crossed for 2015!

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
cool, who did the rust treating and undersealing, was it expensive? would like to do as well. 2015 is a long way away hope the q2 can be done sooner.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Done by red Motori near Blandford. Didn't cost much. About a tenner for the underseal and 1.5 hrs labour including everything mentioned above. Don't think it was bad though, I asked them to look at it and they said there were a couple of areas that could do with treating, but didn't sound like it was a major issue, or they'd probably have mentioned it. They waxoiled the new coolant pipe too. Apparently they're going to put a pic of it on their website as it's becoming a bit of an issue with all the gtas they deal with. I'll post a link when it's up there.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Cool, r u talking about oil cooler pipes, I should have treated mine when they were replaced recently.

·
Vendor
46,131 Posts
Cool, r u talking about oil cooler pipes, I should have treated mine when they were replaced recently.
No its the solid steel coolant pipe that runs underneath the radiator, they rust out really badly as they are un-galvanised steel, their only protection is the paint.

We've had a load of stainless steel ones made up by a local engineering firm, they are cheaper than a new Alfa one too (sorry Badgers Nadgers)

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No bother. Didn't cost too much anyway!

·
Registered
646 Posts
The guys at red Motori are top draw, I also take my Gta there too.

M

·
0 Posts
Sorry Tom, this is a bit OT.

Was just looking at the exact location of Red Motori on Google maps and there, just to the south of them off the A350 was the B3075 called Louse Lane - what a great name for a road.

BTW, I've still got that GTA oil if you want it.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ooh, thanks Peter, forgot about that. Haven't been up your way for a while, will get in touch next time I am.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Incidentally, that road (that I didn't know the name of) is my route there and back and is a lovely bit of road to drive on and test the car out!

M

·
0 Posts
Should have added, Tom, that I'm delighted you have the car the way you want it. Now go and play...

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers, it's certainly a relief!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts