Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can't wait to get my GTA back this week, its been down at Ned's (auto lusso) having some jobs done. I haven't driven it for about 2 months now so gonna be like a new car!

Here's the job list:

> timing belt replacement plus plugs, water pump, service, etc
> Q2 diff - can't wait to try this
> PF front pads (ned said they are gonna blow me away compared to the standard alfa ones I have in now on 330mm discs)
> new rear pads and discs, brembo discs and ferodo pads
> new air filter (K&N panel)
> new battery
> new rear arms (transport company damaged them on way down :-(

I'm catching the train down to Ned's 2moro and then driving back up to Lancashire wed night so a good chance to drive the car.

The next week I'm in Scotland with the GTA for a week, so even better chance to try out the Q2 on the Scottish B roads!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
It going to feel faster than ever now if you haven't driven it for that long. Especially now that you can put the power down better with the Q2 which is great piece of kit:thumbs: I had mine done around 2 months ago a have only seen the traction control light come on once! Also, in the rain it handles great and still give it the beans, you will be thinking :eek: :wow: :eek: :thumbs:

When I had my Q2 I also had a service, mot and a new alternator. At the moment (my car is at the garage as I type) having cam belt done (with GTV water pump), driveshaft and a auxiliary belt tensioner. It was just under £1230 the frst time she went in and was told it will be around £750-£800 when I pick her up tomorrow. I think the major things that tend to go wrong are all sorted now and SHOULD be all trouble free for a while!

Hope you enjoy your Q2 and let me know about the brakes as looking to upgrade in the future:thumbs:

E

·
0 Posts
Did I get confused :confused: What time were you there? I thought Ned had said you were on your way when he picked me up from the station. I saw your car and saw someone else wandering about but didn't think they were the owner. If it was you :eek:. I was there about 7:00PM

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hey Mark - Your GTA a 2003 car with painted black wheels?

Looks it from the pics you've posted elsewhere...

Must have been your car I saw when I was up at Ned's last week:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gta/133648-fully-serviced.html

Thought your wheels looked cool :thumbs:

Where did you get them done?

Thinking I might get mine fully refurb'd and painted a dark grey...

BTW: Can certainly vouch for the Q2. Everyone says its the best use of 500 quid and I'm beginning to believe em!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah mine was the one with anthracite wheels. they get a bit of attention sometimes as a little different

all is great with the car now. the new front pads are excellent, well recommended. When you brake hard you can feel the front of the car dipping as they bite hard

Q2 gives the the GTA a lot more composure and confidence when you drive it. Feels much safer in the wet now, and virtually cuts out all understeer.

Haven't really tried it out properly as always had the gf with me! But I pushed it through a tight roundabout exit and the front just wouldn't let go and held its line. Would be awesome tool on track!

New K&N air filter has improved the mpg slightly.....

Only annoying thing is that the new Brembo rear discs are showing loads of rust around the hub, so the rear wheels look awful with them behind! Gonna have to take the wheels off and paint them I think

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Glad your impressed with the Q2 its defintely worth the money! The PF pads that good? Going to see Ned soon (I hope) to get some and some braided hoses:D Like your alleys they look really good, would love to get them done. Will put it on the list! Did my hubs a few weeks ago and they look so much better! Before, during and afterwards!

Attachments

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Nice hubs jim must do that with my car:D:p
Cheers Damien, every time I walked to my car my eyes were just drawn to them.:eek: Had to be done, lots of news paper needed as you can see! Maybe I went OTT but I wasnt going to risk it!:D

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
a previous owner of my car did the hubs and rear calipers red with what looks like a paintbrush on mine :(

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
fook knows, looks manky though, just another job on the list to sort out.
Tell me about it, the list never ends! Strut brace (thats your faults BTW!), Koni's FSD, PF pads and braided pipes (within the next month), get rid of the knocking noise on front n/s, Ragazzon box and centre pipe............the list continues:rolleyes:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Tell me about it, the list never ends! Strut brace (thats your faults BTW!), Koni's FSD, PF pads and braided pipes (within the next month), get rid of the knocking noise on front n/s, Ragazzon box and centre pipe............the list continues:rolleyes:
Mine'll come back with goodrich braided hoses, new brake fluid dot5.1, Q2, eibach anti roll bar kit rear adjustable... then the Supersprint cat back system comes in a coupla weeks :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Next, Koni FSD/Eibach Suspension, KSport 356mm brake kit and some sort of induction and remap, would really like to get it to clovertech at that stage for some final fettling.

Oh and a wheel refurbish thrown in at some point amongst all that. :D

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Mine'll come back with goodrich braided hoses, new brake fluid dot5.1, Q2, eibach anti roll bar kit rear adjustable... then the Supersprint cat back system comes in a coupla weeks :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Next, Koni FSD/Eibach Suspension, KSport 356mm brake kit and some sort of induction and remap, would really like to get it to clovertech at that stage for some final fettling.

Oh and a wheel refurbish thrown in at some point amongst all that. :D
Fcuk a duck! You taking out a bank loan or just selling your house?:eek:

Is the eibach anti roll bar kit going to make much different, did yours wear out? I got mine remapped and now got 263bhp! No where near enough though:rolleyes:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Fcuk a duck! You taking out a bank loan or just selling your house?:eek:

Is the eibach anti roll bar kit going to make much different, did yours wear out? I got mine remapped and now got 263bhp! No where near enough though:rolleyes:
I already sold a house, we had 2 ;)

I think it should make a noticable difference when I went from standard arbs to GTA arbs on my 1.6 147 it was very noticable, a good mod, I expect similar gains in body control over the GTA arbs on the GTA.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Koni FSD's, Eibachs, Q2, PF pads, Weichers strut brace and a service for me this week. Setting off for Neds at 4am tomorrow morning:( and then the Wales AO run:thumbs:
Anyone wanna buy a kidney?

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Koni FSD's, Eibachs, Q2, PF pads, Weichers strut brace and a service for me this week. Setting off for Neds at 4am tomorrow morning:( and then the Wales AO run:thumbs:
Spawny get, you'll get to experience everything in one go :thumbs: it'll be like a different car...

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I already sold a house, we had 2 ;)

I think it should make a noticable difference when I went from standard arbs to GTA arbs on my 1.6 147 it was very noticable, a good mod, I expect similar gains in body control over the GTA arbs on the GTA.
Its that good? How much?

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
Anyone wanna buy a kidney?
See you tomorrow, don’t worry we will fill you up with tea, coffee or bacon sandwiches after your long drive:D

Don’t want your kidney though:rolleyes:

Ned

1 - 20 of 40 Posts