Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's happened to me three times now. First time, after getting close to 7k RPM she just conked out and wouldn't re-start. Had the RAC out who said it was the fuel pump. Changed fuel pump and all good, although the injector light has been on ever since.

Second time (same stretch of road) after 7k revs, didn't stop but also didn't start after I tried to go out for another jaunt. After an hour of cooling off, all good again though.

Yesterday (same stretch of road) got to the shops went to get back in and nothing... Still nothing 2.5 hours later so had to leave it there overnight. Got back this morning and all fine.

Been on several long journeys and different journeys and never had a problem so any ideas what's causing this?

It's annoying as I lost 2.5 hours work yesterday because of it and whilst I was there waiting for it to cool down, I was on Autotrader!

Any ideas gratefully received...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Starter motor would turn over and it would die straight away as if it was out of fuel...

Yes, don't know why it only happens on one stretch of road tbh :confused:

K

·
0 Posts
had the fuel pump cut-off switch play up with me on a bumpy road once in my old 156 V6, might be worth checking the connections and switch?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Wild stab in the dark here but is it something to do with a faulty rev limiter, mine cuts in at the 7K red line???

·
Registered
267 Posts
Crank position sensor? Cutting out when hot/no hot start then ok once cooled often is. I've been considering changing mine as a precaution.

Have you pulled any fault codes?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm, sounds like it could be a sensor then. Are the rpm sensor and crank position sensor different names for the same thing?

Thanks for the help all :thumbs:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts