Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sum silly bloke !!!!! Stupid BLOKE ! ! !:rant: has hit me from behind and my WONDERFUL 166 is very poorly, I have my fingers crossed they will repair it and not scrap it.........

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Sum silly bloke !!!!! Stupid BLOKE ! ! !:rant: has hit me from behind and my WONDERFUL 166 is very poorly, I have my fingers crossed they will repair it and not scrap it.........
Bad luck mate. If they do scrap it you could always buy it back from the insurance company or maybe an excuse to upgrade to a GTA. Depends how attached to her you are which I no is daft because she is a part of you isnt she:lol: Trouble is these type of accidents are all too common people getting too close we all do it and I am no exception. Any pickies!!???

P.s as a second thought how are you any whip lash?

·
Premium Member
42,896 Posts
sorry to hear that....hope everything works out ok..:)

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Giulia Super
2,640 Posts
if it's not a big damage, you'll be all right. I had the same problem, was fixed by an alfa dealer, but they had my car for about 2 months...

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
oh no!! sorry to hear your woe, i hope your ok, and they can fix your Super...

how bad is the dammage?

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Sorry to hear that, doesn't take much to get classed as a write off though I'm sorry to say. This is a £3k plus repair :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Ouch! no way 3k tho?
That was the quote, write off value £3.2K back in April, hence the 156!! :lol: (Good time to reduce my fuel costs)

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
That was the quote, write off value £3.2K back in April, hence the 156!! :lol: (Good time to reduce my fuel costs)
That dont surprise me. What did you hit? The corners are very vunerable and even though some dont look bad the car is buggered. I caught the corner of a clio in my van and cracked the indicator but needed new wing, bumper and headlight cus all the mounting had bent and snapped :rant:

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
That dont surprise me. What did you hit? The corners are very vunerable and even though some dont look bad the car is buggered. I caught the corner of a clio in my van and cracked the indicator but needed new wing, bumper and headlight cus all the mounting had bent and snapped :rant:
Rear ended a Vectra :rolleyes: My fault but in my defense it was snowing, my stopping distance was large but obviously not enough! :lol: Not much damage to him, cracked light and small damage to bumper. Oh well. I love the 156 but I do miss the V6 sound.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Rear ended a Vectra :rolleyes: My fault but in my defense it was snowing, my stopping distance was large but obviously not enough! :lol: Not much damage to him, cracked light and small damage to bumper. Oh well. I love the 156 but I do miss the V6 sound.
Ah that takes me back to my first accident having just passed my test and being 17 I did the same to a Pug 405 in the snow. I had a 903cc Fiat Uno:eek: :eek: . I didnt leave much of a gap then there was no gap at all. The bloke I crashed into was called Mr Grief hahahahahaha!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you for your support, I am still waiting for the insurance assessor to have a look at it...........was hit whilst stationary by a Laguna the front end of which was totaled.........I want it repaired as the mileage of 68k for and X reg i recon is good.......it is a Super Lusso3.0

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car, If the Laguna was a mk2 model & its front is bad that’s some impact as the Laguna is a 5 * euro rated car. It does not take much damage to write off a 166. That’s how I acquired mine, could not believe that a car with so little damage was written off, no structural damage at all just a broken xenon headlight, & two very small dints in the panel work. You may be able to buy the car back from the insurance & repair it yourself.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
My Super got repaired after rear end shunt last year - New rear panel, bumper, boot lid, trim and paint. Was 4 years old at the time with around 90k miles on the clock.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
10,966 Posts
Sorry to hear that, doesn't take much to get classed as a write off though I'm sorry to say. This is a £3k plus repair :rolleyes:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Gosh Mitch I must have missed this. My sympathies too and I would have taken a blow torch to that bit of snow in your photograph.;)

Pomeo

1 - 20 of 21 Posts