Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a set of bbs ch wheels coming for my 147 gta suplier rang me and said you will need to use wobble bolts ,anyone used wobble bolt and are they ok

·
0 Posts
AFAIK - upto a PCD of 5 x 100 will be OK

Not used them myself though - would rather have proper fitment tbh

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've used wobble bolts on 3 155s and currently on a 156, the only problems I've had: one set of wheels came with a poor fitting set of plastic spigot rings, the shop let me have a set of alloy ones with a smaller centre hole and I had a machine shop turn them out to the correct size. the other problem was a set of bolts that were too long for the thickness of the wheel, when fully tightened they stopped the wheel turning as they protruded from the rear face of the hub, easy to check while the car is still jacked up and just required the correct length of bolt. Whoever supplies you with the wheels should have the knowledge to to supply you with the correct set up. Make sure you tighten them properly and check them after the first 100 miles to make sure they are still tight. Be careful when you remove the wheels as the plastic spigot rings can break and leave you with a wheel that won't centre, try a little coppaslip around the spigot so they wo't get stuck.

·
Registered
318 Posts
my wheels are coming with a set of these bolts, also my supplier said that he has recently used them on a lot of alfas to give a bigger choise of wheels, mine are due early next week so ill let you know if thats not too late? :D

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I know quite a few people using htem and haven't had any problems at all. As "Pcutter1" has said wobble nuts and an incorrect centre bore can be a deadly combination :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts