Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
46,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wizard Exhausts have developed a quad cat-back exhaust system for the 147 GTA, we did this one about a year ago and have built a couple more as one-offs since. We're considering ordering in materials to build a batch of them, which in time-saved would mean a fair saving over the cost of building them to order.

The large centre silencer in the photo can be swapped for a straight-through pipe if preferred. Also, anyone currently with one of our 147 GTA catback systems who could do with knocking off some volume, this large silencer would do the job and work with our normal twin-tip backbox.

If any of you are interested please let me know.

Cheers

Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Interested. Questions:

• Is the exhaust flow split equally between L+R pairs? Reason I ask is because I have a Ragazzon / Autodelta quad system at present and the exhaust gases (visible when cold) only appear to flow through the right hand pipes.
  • Would it not be possible to 'tuck' the join pipe up a little so it's less obvious that the right pair are daisy chained from the left silencer?
  • Any reason why the rear back box isn't the same as the other large triangular back boxes you offer with the other systems?

·
Vendor
46,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interested. Questions:

• Is the exhaust flow split equally between L+R pairs? Reason I ask is because I have a Ragazzon / Autodelta quad system at present and the exhaust gases (visible when cold) only appear to flow through the right hand pipes.
  • Would it not be possible to 'tuck' the join pipe up a little so it's less obvious that the right pair are daisy chained from the left silencer?
  • Any reason why the rear back box isn't the same as the other large triangular back boxes you offer with the other systems?
Probably not 100% even flow from one side to the other at idle - the gas will take the easiest path and that will depend on pressure waves inside the backbox to some extent, and how that interacts with the uneven lengths of the two pairs of tailpipes. Its been designed for high flow performance as much as possible within the space available, how it performs at idle / low loads is something that just has to be taken as it comes unfortunately.

We've done the best we can with the transfer pipe, keeping in mind we didn't want to get too close to the bumper, boot floor or rubber hangers for reasons of heat. Ideally the transfer pipe could be painted if you didn't want to ever see it, but its only really visible at ground level, not at eye level unless you are stood a long way off.

We're not yet offering anything other than this backbox shape on the 147 GTA, which is the same as on the twin exit cat-back that we've been building since 2012. At some point we'll get around to finishing tooling up for the L-shaped 147 GTA box but the purposes of the larger silencer skin is to incorporate something more closely matching the original GTA type of silencer internals, like we've just done for the GT 3.2 & 156 GTA.

·
Vendor
46,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any chance you guys gonna develop quad exhaust for the 156 GTA ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Probably not, unless we had enough interest to warrant building a batch. Building a single quad system directly onto a car would be possible at our workshop, but costly. It takes so much longer to build an exhaust on a car than it does from a jig. We thought the 147 GTA was a good bet as so many of them have had the bumpers modified for quad exhausts already, and I've seen quite a lot of badly fitting ones over the years which I'm sure people will want rid of, given a better option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts