Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Will update with photos and a video shortly.

I have purchased and fitted a 'straight through' backbox from Wizard Exhausts - 90mm slash cut inward rolled pipe.

Easy to fit, needed to salvage the clamp from the standard backbox by hacksawing the spot weld and tapping it free with a mallet.

Product is very well made and fitted almost perfectly, required a slight bend to the hangar to get it sitting absolutely central but thats just me being picky! The tail pipe fills the valance a lot better and completes the rear of the car.

Initial thoughts are the sound is a deal louder than standard, but not intrusively so. It gives a nice burble and rasp on acceleration, but cruising it is no more audible then standard, so fine for motorway driving. Just to note, my 120 tb has a centre silencer, I believe some models dont have this, I think it would drone without one!

Idle is quite burbly and sounds great - from outside the car it is definately louder than standard, but again, not what I would consider inappropriately loud!

The sound has definatley changed as I have done more miles - when initially fitted I could barely hear a difference and was a bit dissapointed, after 100 miles it really came to life and I absolutely love it and would definately recommend it! The only downside to this is a black deposit appears on the pipe fairly quickly after cleaning, not sure exactly what this is but it cleans off easily, just looks a little unsightly!

Service and communication was very good as well, fast delivery when promised.

Overall I would definately recommend if you are after a cheap noise and styling upgrade, but dont fancy changing valances etc. As it is a backbox only it is an easy swap.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi, just what I've been waiting for, some one to fit a Wizard back box to 1.4 MA, single exit. Look forward to seeing photos and video.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

It was £250.00 delivered - It sounds expensive but for the quality, sound and fit it is definately worth it.

Will get some pics and videos in the next few days when I can get someone to film!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sorry to bring an old thread back to life, but has anyone got a video of a single exit Wizard exhaust? Would be even better if the OP posted the videos he promised :cheeky:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts