Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come to the option that the noise and banging under the car is the wishbones. I can hardly believe it, I only changed them 10 months ago, :rant: :rant: but I used Q H parts. Anywho, I am thinking of getting a set from EB spares, only they aren't original either, but manufactured in Italy. Has any one installed these one's and is there any problems.

Dermot

B

·
0 Posts
Yes, I have ordered then from EB Spares.
No, I have had no problems.
If the ball joints are OK, you could fit some Powerflex bushes.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I just got a pair from GGB for much cheapness :D :D

And have kept me Powerflex Bushes for when the bushes give up on the new arms :D :D

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Bad news I'm afraid. Look closely at the QH wishbones and you will find the Fiat/Alfa/Lancia parts symbol! :cheese:
I've got a bit of a knock from 16v also. Tested everything, wishbones, anti roll bar end links and the D bushes but nothing..... not so bad I can't live with it ....for now! :(

M

·
0 Posts
I got them from Alfashop in Norwich for £35 a side. Can't remember the make on the wrapping but they seem OK.

Dermot. are you sure it isn't the roll bar drop links ??? One of mine actually snapped and the other looked fine. I replaced the snapped one to still hear banging over bumps. The one that looked fine had very perished rubber in the middle and the inner metal sleeve was no longer attached. They are only £10 each.....

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only just replaced the complete anti roll bar with new droplinks and bushings + the front shocks and top bearings and insulating rings + track rod ends, so it must be the wisbones. Just on the Powerflex bushes, how much do they cost, and who supplies them. Marlon do you have them fitted to the Silverstone?

Dermot.

P

·
0 Posts
I have some really bad knocking from my 156 suspension - sounds like metal on metal every time you go over a bump and handling is starting to get worse.

Car is going in tomorrow to get fixed - pretty sure its the lower ball joint as the rubber boot has been cut for some time. I've checked everything is tight and in good order so that just leaves the wishbones.

M

·
0 Posts
Dermot I don't have Powerflex bushes, just standard.
The Powerflex stuff costs about £100 for the set I think, don't know where to get them though.
The ball joint on the wishbone has to be in good nick though as you don't replace that if you use the Powerflex stuff.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Had my wishbones and drop links replaced today at Alfashop. Apparently so knackered were thay that they have completely buggered my front tyres on the inside edge, so much so that they are not entirely legal. Guess what I will be buying four of during monday lunchtime?

More money going...

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
marlon said:
I got them from Alfashop in Norwich for £35 a side. Can't remember the make on the wrapping but they seem OK.
Got mine for £29 a side :D :D and they do the job .......................that`s all that matters

·
Registered
49 Posts
Had a knock from the floor-board each time I accelerated/de-celerated and braking. The knock comes sometimes when a bump is encountered but not most of the time. Traced it to a bolt that secures the lower-arm to an underside flap. This bolt has 2 sections of worn threads, about 8mm from each other. Changed to bigger bore bolt, drove off but the knock is still there!

Raised the car again and found another bolt with the 'unable to tighten' feeling. This time from the flap that the lower-arm secures on, but the worn thread is not on the bolt. The Fiat blokes here tells me I have to re-bore.

Happen to anyone else lately?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Funny you should say that Kenneth,
When I finished the anti roll bar, I tightened the wishbone ones up as well and got that feeling on one or two of them. Maybe this is the problem, it's the exact same symptons, knocking on acceleration/braking.
Check this out before I get the new wishbones!! :eek:

·
Registered
564 Posts
I had to reserect this thread as I have found out that you can buy the bushes for the wishbones from 2 companies that I know of the 1st is Moog A part of Federal Mogul Group Link and Firstline. :D :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts