Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Definitive answer needed :)

Is changing the front wishbones a fairly straightforward job? I.e.

1.Any special tools needed (other than a set of spanner/torque wrench/socket set)?

2.Spring compressors needed?

3.Anything else that needs to be changed at the same time as the wishbones?

Cheers
Vish

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Vish.

You don't need any special tools - may be a bit of brute force :)

No spring compressors - you leave the strut assembled.

Check your droplinks & ARB bushes while you are down there..

A

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi Vish;

It's pretty straightward - make sure you have a nice long pry bar and a variety of beating tools handy though.

Try EB Spares if you've not already bought them, they do very good pattern parts for £97 the pair - inc delivery & vat.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its always worth having the tracking checked afterwards

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you must have the tracking done.i bought my arms from my local motor traders for £40 each.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
i was pricing wishys the other day and was asked if i wanted cast iron or steel ????? anybody else heard of diff ones like this?......

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
FLETCH think they mean the rear bush mountings whether they are cast alloy or steel

When i got the POWERFLEX kit it came with two sets of bushes for the rear depending on whether they were alloy or steel mountings
Hope this m
akes sense....... to someone

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
thnx mate but he was quoting refs from 2 piccys of front wishys that looked the same strange , but your reply does make sense.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Think that will be coz the wishbones come with bushes and mounting brackets bonded onto them
So there will be two types one with alloy brackets and one with steel depending on the size of the rear bush

And when you fit POWERFLEX you have to burn the bushes out and use the exsisting mounting brackets

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
are we talking about the rear bush on the wishy ? never new they had diff ones and ive changed my wishys in the past !!!!! does this mean there is a specific one for the type of car or is the mounting bracket fixing points the same and they just provide the right ones for the carrier wishy ? thnx sorry for goin on :D

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
yes its the rear bush all i know is that they do two different size bushes
dont know which one fits which model

Over to the technical guys

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Would it be the difference between wide and narrow cars???

No idea ?!?!?

wrinx

1 - 15 of 15 Posts