Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had any experience of changing upper and lower front wishbones on a 156?
How much for parts only?
Is it a straight forward job?

I know which is the bisiness end of a spanner (which is why I drive alfas) and don't mind taking on a difficult job to save a few quid.

Any advice?
Thanks
stuart
ps - loving the 300+ Nm torque figure from my standard 2.4 JTD - lovely for lazy overtaking and motorway cruising

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good Luck!
It's not such a bad job if you've got the tools and time to do it. Check out Gazza82's website, there is a good how to with some top tips. http://members.lycos.co.uk/gazza82/
Uppers were easier than lowers for me, I only replaced uppers first because of knackered ball joint then noticed lowers could do with changing.
Problem with lowers was due to the angle in which the wishbone needs to be in order for it to slot in to the subframe, it must be level and not at a slant otherwise it fouled on the anti roll bar and the inner cv joint. I ended up having to remove the hub and driveshaft to get the new one in.
Prices vary a lot, I went for cheap figuring that if I bought a good set then something else will suffer and need replacing then. buypartsby.co.uk were very competetive and speedy service aswell.
Hope this helps,
Chris.
2001 156 2.4JTD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.