Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how you can get a 2.4 sportwagon up on eper? There no option for my version 939BXM1B 40B or motor version 939A9000, it only has up to 939A6000. It just seems to show a sedan, but I assume most parts are cross compatible, so which code ought I to use?
Also if anyone knows where on eper I can put my ricambi code 7159657.
Oh, and it's not recognising my Vin number which I assume is the one starting with ZAR.

Nothing essential, I'm just wanting to see if they spec upto 2008 or 2008-15.2.09 upper wishbones for my '58 plate 2.4. Got a pair of 'up to 2008' TRW's at home, I've had em for a while and want to make sure they're correct.

Thanks.

·
Registered
30,087 Posts
You must be looking at a well out of date ePER.

What is the VIN number?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's the link to what I was using FIAT ePER

And my vin ZAR939000 07202369
And ricambi code 7159657

Hopefully no one wants to clone my car now:cheese:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, seems to be a bit difficult to nail down the right spec of parts and I suppose they might have used whatever was laying about anyway.
That eper version is in the stickies, so if anyone can put a link to a newer version, maybe Paul O can update the stickie.

·
Registered
30,087 Posts
I'm just wanting to see if they spec upto 2008 or 2008-15.2.09 upper wishbones for my '58 plate 2.4. Got a pair of 'up to 2008' TRW's at home, I've had em for a while and want to make sure they're correct.
Yours is down as using 51817623 & 51817624

Different to pre '08 and also a change later in 2009.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the link Jace, any objections to this being put in the stickie?
Thanks David, you beat me to it. Looks like I'll have to exchange the wishbones, not a big problem, but I distinctly remember asking the guy, 'are you sure you don't need my Vin number?':rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My wishbones from the thread above are creaking, so time for replacement. I just undid the wishbone and I can barely rock the driver‘s side, the bushes are so stiff.

I‘ve got a query I’m hoping someone can shed some light on. Obviously it’s been a while since I changed these and I just can’t remember how I got to putting the wishbones on that I have.

David kindly got the part numbers for my ’58 car from Eper, but I’ll stick to left side to keep it simple. Eper has my car down as requiring 51817623, which is between 2008 and up to 15/02/2009. I would’ve thought I’d have bought that part, but my wishbone is stamped 51835397, which is actually for 15/2/2009 onwards. However, as you’ll see in my diagram, it appears to be okay for taper. The top of the bolt is 14mm as is the top aperture on the suspension upright. The bottom of the bolt is 11mm, same as the bottom aperture. The length of bolt (exc thread) is 20mm as is the suspension upright.

so what do I buy? I’m after Meyle HD this time, do I stick the same part number (51835397) as I have wNich says gone from 1:10 to 1:6 taper/pitch or get the one that Eper says is correct(51817623) with 1:10 pitch?

To confuse me further, 7Zap partfinder (like Eper) has both these down as fitting my VIN number and says they’re both 1:10 to 1:6.

im thinking the earlier 1:10 taper may not actually get through the suspension upright bore?
This may be a silly question with an easy answer!

·
Registered
91 Posts
This is from a previous thread "wishbone confusion" hope it helps.

"Have finally obtained and fitted the correct wishbones for my car and thought i would make some conclusions.

1) The post by imbecile above is spot on, these are the correct numbers for the two types of wishbone.

imbecile said:
So, these should be the correct numbers:

Older:
Right, OEM 51787336, TRW JTC1302
Left, OEM 51787337, TRW JTC1303
Taper 1:10

Newer:
Right, OEM 51835398, TRW JTC1304
Left, OEM 51835397, TRW JTC1305
Taper 1:6
2) Don't assume the part listed for your chassis number is correct especially if you have a 2008/2009 car when the change was introduced.
3) Don't assume the part you have taken off is correct, on my car the previous owner assumed No.2 and had fitted the wrong one.
4) As with my experience the earlier wishbone can be fitted to the later arm by mistake with no obvious visible problem , it will however deform the taper on the aluminium upright.
5) If you do have an aluminium upright you will need the newer wishbone
6)The older 1:10 taper starts at 12.5mm dia .
7)The newer 1:6 taper starts at 11mm dia

Hope that helps."

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi,

Thanks for this, it gives me some decent clarity. I’m going to assume there must’ve been a good reason last time I did these, not to use the part numbers from Eper. Maybe I got some and they didn’t fit, I just can’t remember.

The part number supposedly for mine, 51817623, sits between the 2 you mentioned above and that’s what has been really confusing as I can search that part number and there’s a load of manufacturers come up. The manufacturers then have a different spec for the same part number, some will have it as 1:10, others 1:6 and some will say 11.2 cone and others 12.7 cone.

Anyway, 12.7mm isn’t going to fit through my (aluminium) uprights, so I’ll stick with the same part number that came off.

When I fitted all the wishbones and coilovers in 2016, some of the bolts had to be cut off because they were so seized. I made sure to copperslip all the threads on the new stuff. I’ve ordered the wishbones but thought I might aswell make sure everything comes apart easily. All the bolts did come apart nicely and I thought I’d had a result being able to extract the wishbone bolts without dropping the coilover or spreading gathering coils. Unfortunately only the rear bolts come out fully, the fore ones almost make it, but just foul the coilover, so they’ll have to be dropped, fortunately the fork bolts came out nice and easy.

As it’s been nice weather, I thought I might aswell keep on top of the subframe too, so ground any bad stuff off, couple of coats of Bilt Hamber Hydrare 80 and will Hammerite it tomorrow.

Here’s a token vid of my wishbone, it’s pretty done.

Cheers for coming back to me

1 - 15 of 15 Posts