Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a weird creaky noise on the psgr side a few months back. The garage said it was a wish bone (can't remember if it was upper/lower). He said he didn't replace it but 'bolted it up' and it was ok to drive on, but he quoted me for a wishbone replacement. Two months later and it seems fine, hesitant to fork out to get it repaired as it really does sound and feel ok. Any opinions.

Was informed when getting a 54point service done that my handbrake cables were 'rusted extremely badly'. 1 week later, when I was parking..... SNAP!. I will be getting these replaced asap, is my 147 ok to drive in the mean time, just not using the handbrake?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well I'd be carfull where you park it. If it rolls off and causes a Hincident, you'll be in deep dodo I suspect from a legal point of view.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Squeaky wishbone will be ok, leave the car in gear when parked

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'd be carfull where you park it. If it rolls off and causes a Hincident, you'll be in deep dodo I suspect from a legal point of view.
I've been leaving it in gear, with wheels turned to kerb, she won't get away that easy.

·
Registered
30,251 Posts
I've been leaving it in gear, with wheels turned to kerb, she won't get away that easy.
You should still park it in gear even when the handbrake it ok.
So that will be fine.

Hill starts can be tricky without a handbrake, but after driving AlfaSuds you pickup the knack to do it, so can be done without rolling back.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
top wishbones squeek and itll need doing sooner or later....when it gets colder the squeek more......not a massive job, and it takes an hour to the average joe. it is important to use silicon grease, to keep the water away
handbrake cables are not expensive £20 a side and again its not a massive job

cost of it all depends on labour, who is doing it and what they charge

1 - 6 of 6 Posts