Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I got my very first and very lovely 2000 Y reg GTV 2.0 T-Spark on the weekend, and despite being in A1 condition under the hood (and in the cockpit!) I'm finding an issue with the wipers. They're not hitting every part of the screen they're going over, leaving a lovely patch of untouched washer fluid/rain water right in the middle of the driver view, and a whole section on the passenger side.

I'm assuming new wipers will do the trick? But has anyone else had this problem, and is there a fix I'm not aware of?

And where's best for wipers?

Oh, and hi Alfa Team! Really looking forward to earning my owner stripes and hopefully start answering questions, rather than ask :p

-DMC.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Another possibility :

Often the clips holding the washer units break and are replaced with tie-wraps. If the tie-wraps aren't placed carefully, they can restrict the movement of the blade suspension.

So, first check if you have the proper clips holding the washer units to the wiper arms. If not, and you do have cable-ties, check they're not restricting the movement of the wiper blade supports.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pkr - I reckon you're probably right. I would've told you at the time, but little did I know this forum doesn't automatically email you when you get a reply, and of course being the height of the Chrimbo season I promptly forgot about the post!

We had a few teething probs after we bought it, so it went back to the garage and they had a look. They've just gone ahead and replaced the blades, clips an' all, which were definitely cable ties.

But cheers for all the responses and ideas folks - even if I totally didn't get to reading them before I got the pros on the case, it's really appreciated. To be honest, I'm not used to a forum where people actually respond in a short space of time!!

Cheers all :)
-DMC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts