Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wipers from Volvo 440...Now attached!

Have a question...yesterday i picked up a nice set from the local scrapyard for approx eur 15 - does anybody know if , the holes in the wiperarms - do they need to be without any kind of threads or slots ?
those i bought is totally clean on the inside of the holes....

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
As far as I know they should have some sort of grooves/slots/splines in the hole to mate onto the grooves/slots/splines on the wiper rotor.

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
I think all arms have just round holes in them. The metal is fairly soft so the splines on the motor spindles can get a good grip of them.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I attached them today - the operation lasted about 5minutes - perfect result! wipe so smoothly and actually the best thing happen during this week - they fitted perfect onto the attachment arms without any problems!
have a nice weekend!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: Wipers from Volvo 440...Now attached!

I have thought about changing my wiperarms too, my current ones are really sloppy in the joints. Any of you got a picture of how it looks with the volvo 440 arms on :)?. I acually got an old 440 out in the back, maybe i could restore those and fit them, they look so tiny tho.

Apperently alot of wiperarms fit the 155 i hear?.
156, 145, 146, fiat tipo, volvo 440.. it dosent matter what year or model it is?.

M

·
0 Posts
I have thought about changing my wiperarms too, my current ones are really sloppy in the joints. Any of you got a picture of how it looks with the volvo 440 arms on :)?. I acually got an old 440 out in the back, maybe i could restore those and fit them, they look so tiny tho.
There are two versions of the 440. One version has longer wiper arms than the other IIRC. Then you will likely want to fit some bigger blades.

If you compare to a 155 arm you need the ones that have the wiper attachment that would hold blade aprox in the middle of blade on the alfa arm.

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
I've got the square-section OE '55 arms and blades and they're fandabidozi, despite having been to Jupiter and back! :)

Ralf S.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts