Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I replace them with 156 ones - will the alfa 156 arms be direct bolt on ? I talked to my local dealer an they told me, its a no go. I just need to clarify that up... I am so fed up with that situation...

I want to replace both, drivers and passanger side. I cant go with the AO ones, since I got a left hand drive.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The AO wipers are 145/6 wipers, find a scrap car in your country and use them. Or try Volvo wipers, think the 440's, Mike will tell you which model.

wrinx

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep
I have volvo 440 on mine but of course they're RHD
They came from a scrapyard for £3.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put champion wipers type X48 on my 1.8.

They fit the 155 92-97 and the 155Q4 from 92 and the 166 from 98-03
price for both about 20€

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm I checked the X48 wipers, thy are standard 19' ones. NO WAY IN HELL I can fit them to my wipers, Since I have the _one_pic_blade_ ones.

huh

:confused:

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I just changed mine and used CHAMPION X15 i think went straight in and no more judder !!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the x48 worked out beter than the orginal wipz I once had

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
exactly the same wipers are in fiat tempra, meaby ask fiat dealer, i had the same problem alfa dealer told me that i must wait 3 weeks, so i found it in fiat, costs about 55euro

·
Registered
564 Posts
I asked the local dealer today and the Early Tipo use's standard type blades and can be used on a 155, also said that a lot of the juddering is caused by a relay situated on the wiper motor, apparently it's something to do with water contamination on the printed circuit board.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi daKlone

Not certain but I think they came from a 92 year car.
:)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Juddering Wipers !!!
That's right, the relay on the wiper motor can cause this, but I recently discovered another thing which causes the juddering....
....a very worn wiper mechanism !!!
My wipers would judder like most peoples here until I recently replaced my very worn (loads of play in all the joints etc.) wiper mechanism with one I got from Tim Hayes.
Since fitting the wipers have not juddered, not even thought about it. The action is as smooth as a babys bum.
Incidently, I see from paperwork I got with the car that my wiper motor was replaced with a new one about 2 months before I bought the car. Presumably to cure the juddering.

Just thought you guys might like another angle....

Marlon

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cold solder joint on one of the slide contacts can cause juddering wipers.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lets make a long story short:

went to the j-yard. Said: Massa wanna have 2 volvo 440 wiper arms. Left and right. Got them. Installed them (direct bolt on) and used champion x53 wipers on them.

result? :

http://www.lahe.net/diff/alfa-wipers/

It seems that the year doesn't matter. as lon as you get the arms that have bosh printed on them. In general the new wipers will wipe about 1 inch less from the top of the windscreen than the originals, but I dont mind.

Overall cost of the mod:

2 arms 11,5 eur
2 x53 -s 16,1 eur

Total 27.6 eur.

Used tools 13 mm wrench ;-)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1. Went down to my local breakers
2. Found a Volvo 440
3. Removed complete wiper arms(Bosch)complete with blades