Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anybody help solve sticking wipers, when on intermittant.they start and then stick when verticle on passenger side, wait a couple of seconds then return.
any ideas anybody,most grateful?

COL155 :confused:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The good old 155 wipers, they are an integral part of 155 onwership wink

Intstead of me typing the solution out again try logging on to Alfaowners sister site alfa155.com, there are loads of posts about this problem.

cya there :)

wrinx

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
I'd check the relay and the connections to it. I had the same problem on a 33 that turned out to be a poor connection in one of the wiring connector blocks.

Ralf S.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Easy fix this one,

Remove the black plastic panel below the windscreen - it is held in by a number of selftapping torx screws (I think you have to remove the wiper arms as well), now remove the motor from the wiper mechanism (If i remember rightly you have to remove the whol mech from the car - it's held in by a couple of bolts). If you strip the covers from the motor, you should be able to access the gearbox section of the motor, in here you'll see a large drive gear that has a number of metal slip rings attached, these are likely to either be covered in grease from the gears or blackened from arcing. Clean up the rings as best you can, remove any arcing marks with a bit of emery cloth or wet and dry, then lubricate the rings with some contact grease (use sparingly). You should also find some contacts inside the gearbox cover, these are also likely to be arced or covered in grease, again clean, lube with contact grease, and then reassemble the whole lot...

Hopefully, when you test the wipers they should now work 10 times better

Cheers

James

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hurrargh!!!

managed to get the post into the correct thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mate the best way is to pay £50 ish and get the wiper conversion from the AO shop trust me it worked for me

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone know if this is the same problem that I am having with My 145? On the slowest intermittent speed they just jerk slowly across the windscreen…

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Snowy

Sounds about the same wink The 155's have a very strange (unique!) design of wiper arm and layout which kinda adds to the problem. It is often bad on intermittent but also happens on other speeds.

wrinx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the tip guys! I have recently bougth my 155 and during my first longer trip with the car I found out that the wipers doesn´t work properly. But now, thanks to this site I know how fix the problem. I also have a question about the lower front suspension bushings on the Alfa 155: Do the they wear easily and can the bushings be replaced separately or do I have to replace the whole lower suspension arm?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Powerflex have JUST brought out replacement polyurethane bushes for 155's. They're not cheap tho', think you'll have to email them as they were not advertised on the site last time we checked at alfa155.com. They can wear from 40k on!!!

wrinx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts