Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my driver's side wiper doesn't seem to sweep all the way over, it leaves about a strip of 3" from edge of windscreen to the sweep, is this normal? Just seems quite wide band that isn't being cleaned and could be interesting come winter

·
Registered
80 Posts
Simply un bolt the wiper arm and replace slightly higher. It should still not rest in a position that is noticeably higher that it gets in the way but will get rid of that annoying un-wiped band.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
+1:thumbs:
Does it look right when its at rest . like this
yeah looks normal like that. I was getting a new screen fitted and wonder of that has had something to do with it as the washer jets now also hit the arm when skooshed during driving

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'd take the arm off completely and re-position before re-bolting.

Word of warning-I've not worked on an alfa for 3 years. This is from memory!

G

·
0 Posts
As above just undo the nut and pull it up then move it round a notch on the spline put the nut on finger tight but make sure the arm is on the spline properly then try it.
If you use the Ignition key to turn it on and off you can stop it at the top then redo as before till you get it right.
They probably removed the arms when they fitted the screen .
the washer is a little flat head screw on one side just gently turn it up or down to adjust the spray. Dont forget to re tighten the arm properly once you are done.:thumbs:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cheers both of you, worked a charm! First attempt it went too far and the top part of wiper wasnt touching screen, slight move back and now working fine .
Many thanks folks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts