Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My drivers side wiper blade seemed very `slack` so after looking it seems the black plastic fixing bracket behind the scuttle has sheared. Does anyone know where the best place is to get one or maybe even know the modle/reference/part number so that i may order one online? is this a common problem?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
its a complete wiper assembly u need if u cannot repair it......no parts are available.......just mended mine last weekend
wipers off, platic trim under windscreen needs to come off........3 x 10 mm bolts hold completer wiper motor assembly in, so remover em, take assembly in hours, do a temp fix with contact adhesive to hold it secure while you coat it in fiberglass, kits cost £10

or pay around £150 to £200 for wiper assembly

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
I got mine from AlfaShop in Norwich through ebay for £120 IIRC, genuine article too, so look around the usual sellers. Dodgy German part BTW

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
£10 worth of fiberglass kit is even cheaper and cars backtogther in an hour :) or if u want u can diy it like they have if u have 3 bolts n a bit of tin....but id still fiberglass over that

you still have the bad job of getting the wiper arms off that have been sat there for a few years......and they are buggers to get off without pullers

oooh for ever been a sceptic they say on that link that they have happy customers.........yet feedback as far as september shows that they have not any customers who have had it done?
does £35 include return post......or is that to add on ontop of posted to them......its quite heavy and bulky

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Antman do you have a second hand wiper mechanism for a 147 I just need the mechanism or the drivers side plastic if you have one motor works fine how much please let me know thanks a bunch

·
Vendor
45,796 Posts
BTW avoid a used one, just waiting to snap at the first sign of snow

HTH
We've been reinforcing our used ones for over a year now and guarantee them for 12 months, never had one back. Stronger than a new one and half the price. :)

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
I would just buy a used one for £50 and then some plastic reinforcement and go to town on it.
Doesnt have to be pretty as its hidden away.

The problem is the plastic ABS they have used. Over the course of time it gets brittle with the weather. If it was a softer LPDE plastic it would have been ok. Or just used metal...

G

·
0 Posts
I bet you all didn't know this:

Shhh don't tell anyone ;) but a breakers yard usually have plenty of Fiat Marea's in..... The whole assembly and motors are direct fitment for 156's...
Did my brother in law's 2002 JTD recently after he left his wipers on overnight and found his car covered in 3" of snow the next morning... Guess what happened next?:rolleyes:

If anyone can confirm the 147 is the same then you can get one for £20

If they aren't.... look at smaller fiat models of a similar period i.e Punto/ Stilo etc... A lot of electrical parts were interchangeable from door winding mechanisms to wiper motors. Shhhh;)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Morning all,

So guess what? yep.

Anyhow, are the 147, 156 and GT wiper linkage's all the same? Mine is a 2005 GT but I guess that part is the same across the years?

Many thanks

Stu

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
147 and GT are the same Bosch unit (RHD/LHD variants) but 156 is an earlier Magneti-Marelli unit (different design and not interchangeable with 147/GT) I believe.

Its the Bosch ones that generally fail at the plastic pivot housing although Bosch modified it later on in production to improve its strength.

The 156 appears to have fewer linkage problems but mainly problems with the wiper motor itself.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts