Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jessica failed the MoT this morning on a split rubber gaiter and both wiper blades.

Bloody annoyed about the latter as they were new 2 years ago and I thought they were still OK.

However, I am having real problems finding replacements. Halfords don't do them and my nearest AR dealer - who has no interest at all in older Alfas - reckons it could take 2 weeks to get hold of.

I need to go back next Saturday for the free retest so any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Sorry, should have said. Jessica is a 1997 916 Spider.

AND the little lad in Halfords asked me if I needed a rear wiper blade as well...........

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I got some bosch one's once and I just couldn't get the spray bar to fit, so i'd go with original alfa ones. I tried the pre formed ones with spray jets and I didn't think they looked as good when fitted and the spray bar works better than the jets.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice everyone.

Bearing in mind that I need to go back next Saturday for the free re-test, I've arrange to collect Valeo blades from Europarts this week.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Europarts (bless them) were open today and had the proper wiper blades in stock.

All fitted and working, although getting the spray bars attached and aligned did lead to some unfortunate language.

Just a rubber gaiter to fit and then re-MoT on Saturday.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Great news, another years happy motoring.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Can anyone help me out here please? My current blades appear to measure 20.5 inches and 19.5 inches. 2001 Spider V6 3L 24v. Should these be 20 and 19 or 21 and 19 or something completely different. I am looking at the Lucas blades with the built-in washer jets. Any help greatly appreciated. :thinking:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Can anyone help me out here please? My current blades appear to measure 20.5 inches and 19.5 inches. 2001 Spider V6 3L 24v. Should these be 20 and 19 or 21 and 19 or something completely different. I am looking at the Lucas blades with the built-in washer jets. Any help greatly appreciated. :thinking:
Not sure about the Lucas set but all Halfords have in stock singles and pairs to fit the 916 GTV.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Not sure about the Lucas set but all Halfords have in stock singles and pairs to fit the 916 GTV.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I bought bosch from halfords and couldn't fit the spray arms, ended up buying original alfa ones.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
650 Posts
What I have been doing is to buy standard Bosch wiper blades and remove the rubber and the two stainless stiffeners and cut them to length and fit these to the standard Alfa frames. A ten minute job and no hassle with spray bar fitting. Works just great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased Champion AW55 and AW45 blades, those also includes wash kits. Works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts