Alfa Romeo Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Ok so they off, rubbed down and the first coat is on.

Can someone tell me, with the retaining bolt for the wiper arm, should there be a washer aswell or just a nut?

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Cheers, its recently had a new windscreen, so Im guessing autoglass have cocked up.

It is still missing the covers for the wiper nuts, and also a trim finishing piece :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
49,096 Posts
Did you have to avoid spraying around the joint? Or just spray and then let it crack itself when you first mvoed it?

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Looks good as new that! I had to do the same with my 155 and was harder than it looked due to rusty bolts :lol:

·
Administrator
49,096 Posts
Are you going to remove and spray the scuttle next?

·
Administrator
49,096 Posts
It wasn't really a shot at yours - mine is more faded than that! More the same question - what can be done?

There are various treatments, but they all seem to last a couple of weeks at best.

I did ask a bodyshop a few months back about whether it'd be sprayable, they didn't seem keen. Surely you can get a plastic-compatible undercoat on it though, and then spray it matt black? I wonder if anyone ever has.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I did realise that doing the wipers has made that look very grey!

Since it is plastic I don't know whats best for that?
I took this off,washed it down and sprayed it with a can of edd china satin black! No rubbing or priming just 3 or 4 coats and it looks great. You can actually see the crap gronitnwhich i forgot to paint and thats whatvthe whole thing looked like! And it takes 5 mins to get it off and put it on

Attachments

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.