Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just spent a fair bit on a roof respray, new bonnet, wing attention and grill powder coating, the car is looking **** and span

The only thing letting it down now are the wiper arms. I have looked online for some but usual suppliers don't have them (shop4parts, alfaworkshop, eb etc)

Short of a dealer supply, I was wondering how easy they are to spruce up myself. There is some rust around where the arm thickness changes. Simple rub down and paint?!

There is nothing wrong with them as such, ie they perform well enough

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Next question, what do I rub the rust off with, sandpaper for metal? If so what grit, don't want to scratch the metal too much...

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes that smooth hammerite is satin, so will get some of that. Strangely its as cheap in halfrauds as it is on amazon so will get some tomorrow.

I will attempt the massive job on Sat. So on sat night I will be on looking for new ones :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes its my intention to remove the arms. The lower side is as bad as the upper, so would need to anyway.

Safer that way :lol:

I have my hammerite and sand paper at the ready.....!

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Ok so they off, rubbed down and the first coat is on.

Can someone tell me, with the retaining bolt for the wiper arm, should there be a washer aswell or just a nut?

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Cheers, its recently had a new windscreen, so Im guessing autoglass have cocked up.

It is still missing the covers for the wiper nuts, and also a trim finishing piece :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
All done. Not as easy as it looks. Made a bit of a hash of the first coat....put too much on I think. Got better with each coat. I'm really happy with the drivers side ....the passenger side hasn't come out the best but it's ok...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Did you have to avoid spraying around the joint? Or just spray and then let it crack itself when you first mvoed it?
I flexed them so they were bent when I sprayed them (all over, back and front). When they had dried and I straightened them they seem to be fine....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.