Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear wiper arm on my 147 is broken. The plastic bit has snapped. I rang halfords and they said that I had to go to a main Alfa dealer for the part. I rang one near me and they said that this part includes the motor and needs to be replaced. Total for part was €55. Anyone know where a good place to get this part online?

:cheese:

M

·
0 Posts
The rear wiper arm on my 147 is broken. The plastic bit has snapped. I rang halfords and they said that I had to go to a main Alfa dealer for the part. I rang one near me and they said that this part includes the motor and needs to be replaced. Total for part was €55. Anyone know where a good place to get this part online?

:cheese:
Try Autolusso...they can mail the part out to you. Look them up on the net, or you could pm them.:thumbs:

N

·
0 Posts
You have to buy the whole arm anyway,
even if you only want the blade. It's one part. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
You have to buy the whole arm anyway,
even if you only want the blade. It's one part. :rolleyes:
As Nev says. It is available for about £12. I bought one from eBay but the pivoting plastic shroud that fits over the nut that attaches it needed a little trimming, that's all.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rear-Wiper-Ar...arParts_SM?hash=item35a43e84cf#ht_1086wt_1167

Like this one (but not the supplier I used). Not sure if you count as 'international' though for p&p purposes! Anyhow you get the idea.

·
Registered
953 Posts
If it's just the plastic arm thats busted then you don't need the motor - does the motor operate?

Maybe you should be clearer with the dealer, if the motor operates then the motor is ok and the 2 are not welded together or alike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it's just the plastic arm thats busted then you don't need the motor - does the motor operate?

Maybe you should be clearer with the dealer, if the motor operates then the motor is ok and the 2 are not welded together or alike.
yep, motor works fine, wiper still moves, but the plastic scratches against glass as its snapped. the plastic piece that the blade is attached to is snapped, about half way, not near the motor part really..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Cheers for the tip; have just picked up a 147 rear arm & blade for just under £20 inc P&P @ 20% vat.

Richard :thumbs:
However, not a Champion branded item as their website states but a Chinese knock off; looks okay but have not compared side by side.........

Will soon find out at the weekend.

R

1 - 12 of 12 Posts