Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know, a bit early to get them on just yet :lol:

The time will be here soon enough and I've got a set of standard 16" P2 wheels to put on while the refurbished 17" Teledials spend time inside over Winter. I had 4-wheel-alignment at the end of August with the Teles on, so will swapping down to the other wheels affect the setup?

My understanding is that the adjustments are set and fixed so probably not, but the tyres on the 16" have less tread than the 17", and there may be other factors I'm not aware of.

Will I want to have the alignment done again?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I use the OE 16s with a set of Pirelli winter/snow tyres on my Spider, although this year for the first time im not really planning on using it unless its a bright sunny day - so the summers will probably stay on.

If you are switching to winter tyres any time in October is a good bet - if the morning commute is done in temps around 7c or less its time to do the switch. Im expecting night time temps here of around 5c from mid to late October, so the winter tyres are going on my hack soon.

·
Vendor
46,124 Posts
As said above no need to get alignment done again.

I think you could safely used 205/55/16 as long as your insurance company are happy with it and you don't mind the Tonka toy look, there is a better selection of winter tyres in that size as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts