Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've put it in a farm building of a family I know really well for five winters running.October 1 to April 1 £180.
Last year it came back with a ding but couldn't be sure it came from there but so yesterday went to pick it up and for the first time it wasn't inside but outside in the rain.
Got it home and was titling it up and noticed the rear carpets were well mucky and the front a bit too.Now I always leave it immaculate before I drop it off and this morning when dry the door is dinged in about four places drivers side.
Bloke denies any knowledge and says keys were kept in his bedside drawer.
"Dont bring it back" was his final retort!
Possibly he is in ignorance as to what went on in the barn....makes no odds as there will be no comeback as its not a business but the cars messed up and I'm not a happy boy:-(

·
Registered
998 Posts
Looks like this guy or one of his relatives has been taking it out on joyrides.

I really can't see what you could do as it sounds like an informal arrangement, but if it were me then i wouldn't go near the place ever again and would look into some other form of storage.

Seems to me that theres very few people you can really trust these days, can't beat having your own garage though i understand that may not be an option for you

Sorry to hear anyway

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
OMG that's terrible. How can he deny knowledge if he's moved the car inside to out ??!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Shocking! Feel for you. When you find somebody else, don't leave your keys and take photos with the storage owner there, then email them to him and get him to 'OK' them. Hope it doesn't cost too much to fix?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys....you know how you think am I imagining this? But i do always give it a 100% clean before it goes away and the back mats were covered when i got the vac out when i got it home.
I have a heated garage on the house but let my mrs park her micra cc in it over winter so she doesn't have to defrost in the morning...hence the storage.
I knew a rabbit was away when it wasn't in the barn on my arrival plus one of the dings has got paint on so i've been stitched.
Maybe he thought it is just an ordinary car....well it isnt.
Was so looking forward to seeing it again and it's great to have it back but it's taken the edge off..
Thanks guys..had to share it!!!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Oh dear - those arguments never end well.

I guess your first call needs to be to the local SMART repair franchise - get those dings fixed - and while you're waiting for him/her to show up, get out the Bissell (wet vacuum) - best of luck with getting it back into tip-top condition!

-Alex

·
Registered
800 Posts
You let your mrs park her micra in the attached garage.....your one kind gent:biglaugh:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Mileage?

Clive
I zeroed the trip before I left it and it was the same....I think it was kids getting in out the back thinking it was a Lambo or something....maybe the bloke had no idea.....there were a few caravans in there...
This is like an Agatha Christie who dunnit!!!!
But i feel the fact it was outside on arrival in the wet...and the fact that his first reply was "the dents wern't there yesterday when you picked it up" lend me to think he knew but then why wouldnt he vacc it to save grief...
I plan a very nice paint job next year but it was pretty much ding free on original paint so contacting a dent man in the morning!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts