Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another busy road and another regular rant for me as I spew forth my barely contained contempt for these winkers.

When joining a busy road, especially rush hour motorways, the rules of the road don't change just because you're in a rush/a BMW/Audi/Van or simply because it's a bit hard to get in and you're an impatient cretin.

Simply sticking your indicator on and diving into my path and hoping I, and anyone else in close proximity, hits the brakes as you lurch into the lane from the slip road is dangerously stupid and you'll only get away with it for so long.

Kindly learn some patience and road manners or at least pull out on an HGV and get flattened.

K

·
0 Posts
I was unable to read my book on the train tonight because doing so would have meant the corner of it going up the man next to me who smelled of McDonalds, such was the level of overcrowding. I actually started to think that I was missing driving to work. Then I read this and decide that I'm not after all. In the last 7 days I've walked about 20 miles and driven 3 (to Tesco for a bottle of wine).

Walking is definitely better.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trains and buses are great except for that one big failing - smelly passengers.

Oh, and being expensive.

Oh, and usually being so overcrowded you can't get on.

Oh, or they are always late.

Oh, yes, they aren't usually that convenient so you have to allow twice as long at least for the journey.

That said, walking is good for you and I don't mind a bit except it's so slow when you need to get somewhere!

R

·
0 Posts
The indicator of invincibility - a phenomenon whereby flicking a black plastic stalk to cause a small to medium sized orange light to flash at the extremities of a moving motor vehicle renders said vehicle instantly impervious to the laws of physics in the mind of the driver - a rant I can fully concur with.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The indicator of invincibility - a phenomenon whereby flicking a black plastic stalk to cause a small to medium sized orange light to flash at the extremities of a moving motor vehicle renders said vehicle instantly impervious to the laws of physics in the mind of the driver - a rant I can fully concur with.
:thumbs: I like your succinct definition better than my rant.

N

·
0 Posts
Do you mean the please-close-up-to-the-bumper-of-the-car-
in-front-so-I-can't-safely-change-lanes signals?

Some non-local shed driving bint whet all "irate" the other night
when she failed to block me changing lanes. Her boyfriend looked
very embarrassed in the passenger seat. :lol:

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
I hate it when people just pull across from sideroads :mad: had it a few weeks ago now, nothing coming from the opposite direction, 1 van behind me then its clear :thumbs: a car pulled across from the right across 2 lanes (the opposite way on a main road and a right turn lane on my side) she sat across both lanes and looked like she was just going to drive out in front of me so i slowed down, got near enough past her and then BANG she drove into the rear quarter of my GTA :rant: and then blamed me! :rolleyes:. i wasn't happy. why can't people just wait?? :confused:

E

·
0 Posts
Coming back from my parents last night at 10PM. Road pretty clear, yet Mr Merc pulls out of his driveway into my path and proceeds to do approx 25-30mph in front of me when the road has a 40mph limit. I expect he was cussing me as I flashed my lights at him and overtook.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I get the same every morning on the way to work and going back. Usually motorway is busy but there is a good length of the slip road to join it if you travelling at the same speed as the cars on it. Nearly everyone slows down to 60 km/h by the time they actually reach motorway and then pull in right at the point where slip road meets motorway!!! Best thing to avoid disaster it's to stay on the slip road, gain speed quickly and join few cars ahead of effin eejit. Same situation every day - no fail!
Last year had near death experience.
Saturday morning and the motorway was empty. X5 in the 1st lane and me in the 2nd both going around 130km/h when I see small car parked on the hatch markings by the slip road. Next moment he/she puts on indicator and pulls RIGHT IN FRONT of bimmer!
Lucky for me (and brainless creature in that unidentified chariot from hell) Stig with his bimmer swooshed across hatchings to the slip road avoiding collision. God bless BMW driver! Could not stop to have a talk with El Stupido in what I think was white Mazda 121 as was on emergency call to work.
Sorry about the essay but could not keep quiet after seeing this topic.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Aw come on guys... If they are on the slip road, they have to join the traffic. Why not slow down a bit, and let them in? You'd want them to do it for you..!

Its nice to be nice, sometimes..:thumbs:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aw come on guys... If they are on the slip road, they have to join the traffic. Why not slow down a bit, and let them in? You'd want them to do it for you..!

Its nice to be nice, sometimes..:thumbs:
I always let people in. This rant is aimed at those who just assume they can indicate and move with no consideration.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Trains and buses are great except for that one big failing - smelly passengers.

Oh, and being expensive.

Oh, and usually being so overcrowded you can't get on.

Oh, or they are always late.

Oh, yes, they aren't usually that convenient so you have to allow twice as long at least for the journey.

That said, walking is good for you and I don't mind a bit except it's so slow when you need to get somewhere!
I like the idea of public transport, there just isn't any around here.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's understandable but they have to gain speed and join like a zipper NOT slow down and jump in front of you like mad rabbit especially if there's plenty of slip road for gaining that bloody speed.

E

·
0 Posts
I always let people in. This rant is aimed at those who just assume they can indicate and move with no consideration.
The other thing that grates on me are people who feel they HAVE to be in the fast lane and after joining push their way across.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts