Discussion Starter #1
cant decide what to do as i fancy a change

carbon wing mirrors or the chrome Gt type mirrors

my car is a red 147 GTA with gunmetal multispokes..... if that helps

scott.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
I very nearly got some of the chrome GT 1's a while ago but found something else to spend the money on :lol:. think they will look better than carbon 1's (lots of crappy saxo's/corsa's/fiesta's etc round here have them so thats another reason for me not wanting those :))

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Tbh I think the shape of the 147 mirror is nice. Chrome will look good as it will tie in with other bits on the car but as they are gt mirrors they'll still look alfaish and OEM. I disaggree with comments that carbon will look saxo like. They are all too busy fittin M3 style mirrors. I've been toying with carbon skinning the original mirror or buying the carbon version from that jap company. That way you keep the orignal look mirror but it looks different. You can buy a real carbon skinning kit for £50 from carbon mods :) . It been sat in my garage for a year now :lol:

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
I didn't mean the carbon 1's will look saxo like (i do like the carbon 1's aswell, just not as much as the chrome) its just round here i think people must have gone through a phase of putting carbon mirrors on there cars so i decided against them 1's when i was looking.

At the moment the 'in thing' to do seems to be putting those eyelashes on their headlights :lol: i won't be doing that either :tut: :lol:

·
Registered
483 Posts
been thinking about ding this fir a while not least because one of my mirrors is has been replaced at one time and isnt quite the same shade of red as the rest

The Q2 version of the facelift 147 have the same silver mirrors as the GT blackline etc. There are plenty of pics online to give an idea of how it looks.

Alfa Romeo 147 Q2 wallpaper # 01 of 16, Front Angle, MY 2007, 800x600

looks good to me

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
picture of the car as it now stands with the new wheels to help:

personally im swaying towards the carbon as i have a few dark coloured parts on the car.... but will they just look black and boring in carbon... hmmmmmmm

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
carbon it is then? only thing is theryre 'covers' and not 'replacements' anyone had these before, dont wanna make them look tacky and cheap 'add ons'

·
Registered
397 Posts
picture of the car as it now stands with the new wheels to help:

personally im swaying towards the carbon as i have a few dark coloured parts on the car.... but will they just look black and boring in carbon... hmmmmmmm
Very sexy car. To throw in another idea: what abot getting the mirrors sprayed the same gunmetal as the wheels?

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
carbon it is then? only thing is theryre 'covers' and not 'replacements' anyone had these before, dont wanna make them look tacky and cheap 'add ons'
Get a carbon skinning kit and give them a layer of real carbon :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Looks nice! I'd match the colour of the wheel for sure... don't want too many different shades and tones going on?

Out of interest, where did you get your wheels done? And could you let me know a ball park figure? I'm trying to get mine re-done, and just interested to know what the going rate seems to be..

I had one clown come along, and he couldn't match my wheels at all.. he tried about 10 swatches and none of them were any good, so he said he'd give his boss a call, and i've never heard from him since! Couldn't hack it

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
not had my wheels done yet, gonna wait till the rubbish whether dissapears.... but iirc bout 40-50 a wheel will see a good job mate

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
nice... sounds reasonable.. just seen you bought those multispokes... they look good .. definately a good addition and makes a change from the teledials

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
ild love to do the real carbon idea but ill **** it up lol
Its really not hard mate :). They have walk through video's on the site. Easy peasy :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts