Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are so many types of wines, what wine is your cup of tea :D:D

Personal Favourite is a Merlot from this winery http://tintilla.com/ Goes well with a nice home cooked roast!

In General there entire range of wines are fabulous :D:D.

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Wine? Yes please! :D A good red mature wine with some kinds of meat, a white mature wine with fish and meat (oh yes please! :cool: ) and cold "young" wine, something unique from portugal with sea food! Oh Yes!!! :cool: :D

Champagne with everything. :D And yes, only French. :cool: I have my own supplier. ;)

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
OK

I love a nice big rioja just perfect for a night sat in front of a movie...

How could you have missed that off the list..

Sion.,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Agreed - rioja rocks.

Good fruity taste.... a bottle doesn't usually last too long in my house.

there are some great wines from spain

·
Registered
801 Posts
Keep your eyes peeled in Waitrose for a good kiwi Pinot Noir.
As a general rule of thumb Aussie red NZ white. NZ can not compete against Australia in the shear volume of cheap and admittedly not bad red, so they go for the higher end and with good results.

Just finished a south african white which was pretty damn good. The bottle is in the other room so can't tell you what it was.

Dodger.

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
I'm not much of a wine drinker myself, but the other half absolutely RAVED about Montana Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc (NZ) while we were on holiday.

So much so that she went straight out, on our return, and bought two bottles of it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
312 Posts
St Emillion. love these reds.

however, bought a '95 (which my mate was convinced is the best recent year - I argued it is 98 or 2000) at a restaurant when we had our annual get-together. pretty expensive for us at £100, but my mate Peter OK'd it. it wasn't corked, but it was no etter that a 5quid plonk from Tesco's. very dissappointed.

opened a 2000 at home and it was fantastic.

Chilean Merlots are great value

like champagne : realised I love some (Ruinart, Pommery, VC, etc) but less keen on others (Moet, Mercier). discovered that the former is of the Reims & the latter Epernay. so they don't all taste the same :p

ps my mate Peter wrote a review (it the PLX intialled one) on this restaurant and is linked below. quite a funny review & worth the read.

http://london-eating.co.uk/4029.htm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts