Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

Mine are looking rather grey rather than black on my car now. I remember someone discussing how to renovate these with paint rather than 'back to black' that worked well but cant find the thread anymore - anyone any advice/experinece in improving the look of these?

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I simply removed mine, cleaned them, gave a light key with a scotch pad, then applied around four coats of satin black spray paint. Be careful with the clips etc as they will be fragile by now. Apply a little copper slip to the wiper splines before reassembly.

Reactions: will01

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
You could go at them with a dedicated plastics paint, but the job I did on mine last spring is still looking as good as the day I completed it, and the trim has been washed many many times since then. If I had needed to buy the paint I probably would have gone for one specifically designed for use with plastics, but as it was I had a regular tin of satin black to hand.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just to update - removed and cleaned today and then applied the heat gun - came out really well! Think I may apply some of the Gtechniq stuff as well just to finish off. Only prob now is that the rubber strips attached to them are really quite knackered - anyone know if these are available? Looked on eper and couldn't really find them listed? Assume a motor factors may have something similar??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts