Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
23,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to Halfords today to buy a set of wipers for the GTV.

Guess what - they don't have the passenger side - not listed. So I ask - do I have to go to an Alfa dealer ? "Yes" is the reply.

WTF I think is there a special fitment?. So as I was in town I thought that I would go to the local independent and ask an idiotic question - is there a problem with the passenger side?

Spoke to Paul at Avanti who, to his credit, kept a straight face and produced both wipers (Alfa branded) price £15. So I bought them.

As I was about to leave Paul said "would you like me to fit them?"
"Yes" so he did - no charge.

If you live near Ipswich I can fully recommend them.

Paul

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Thanks for the tip Paul :)

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
I went to Halfords today to buy a set of wipers for the GTV.

Guess what - they don't have the passenger side - not listed. So I ask - do I have to go to an Alfa dealer ? "Yes" is the reply.

WTF I think is there a special fitment?. So as I was in town I thought that I would go to the local independent and ask an idiotic question - is there a problem with the passenger side?

Spoke to Paul at Avanti who, to his credit, kept a straight face and produced both wipers (Alfa branded) price £15. So I bought them.

As I was about to leave Paul said "would you like me to fit them?"
"Yes" so he did - no charge.

If you live near Ipswich I can fully recommend them.

Paul
Yeah I had the same problem when I went into the local Halfords where I work. Had one side for my 156 but not the other :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
77,396 Posts
Yeah I had the same problem when I went into the local Halfords where I work. Had one side for my 156 but not the other :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

same here............part of the pay-off for buying something more interesting I think.........

i did get some excellent wipes for the dash - orange smelly and leaves a nice anti-static finish

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
452 Posts
I managed to get some Bosch ones for my 156. A full front set rubbers and all. Can't remeber how much they were though.
The rear wiper is a different story however as the only plce I could get one was at Vardys - but of course not anymore as they have closed.

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Are we talking about just the rubber blades, or the blades and the head? I can imagine the head mounting being maybe different to some other designs but I'd have thought the blades would be pretty universal. :confused:

Ralf S.

·
Administrator
46,117 Posts
I bet it's a perfectly standard fitment, they just haven't got it listed in their book. Measure the length of it, and get the same length Bosch, I bet it'll fit. And if it won't, just use the adaptor from your old one.

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
Yes I did - what was it in for?

new wishes, but paul did throw in a brake service, tracking and put my steering wheel straight for free:D :D :D :cool: :cool:

i love having this garage on my doorstep, they treat you so good you almost want your car to bust just so you can take it in:lol: :lol: :lol:

i popped in on friday and i had the mitz warrior so i couldn't pick the car up and mario said he would follow me home and bring me back:D but i told him not to go out of his way so i picked it up at 12 on sat

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
I can recommend wiperblades.co.uk.

They don't do complete rear blades, but they sell Champion replacement rubbers, which are supplied to the right length & perform much better than the cheap stuff I'd been using.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I went to Halfrauds and found the same thing for my GTV.

I then did a stupid thing and bought some of fleabay that don't fit!!

Off to my local Indie I go.

Also, the washers on my GTV are attached to the wipers (with cable ties). I assume they used to have clips to fit into that snapped. Does anybody else have this on theirs?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I can recommend wiperblades.co.uk.

They don't do complete rear blades, but they sell Champion replacement rubbers, which are supplied to the right length & perform much better than the cheap stuff I'd been using.
But they dont do passenger blades or rubbers!!!! :mad: :rant: :lol:

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Also, the washers on my GTV are attached to the wipers (with cable ties). I assume they used to have clips to fit into that snapped. Does anybody else have this on theirs?
I'll check tomorrow for you...

·
Administrator
23,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes - they are clipped on so it looks like yours have been broken at some point. Perhaps Gary will confirm.

Aren't cable ties wonderful things.

Paul.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Slightly off topic but still about hellfords.
I have a friend that once went into his local store and asked for sparkplugs for a V8 engine and the muppet behind the counter came back with 4 plugs.
When he explained it's for a V8 he went away again and came back with another 2. lol :rolleyes:
My friend said nothing he just left laughing his head off.
They seem the same up and down the country... hopeless...:lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts