Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out in our Mito in the rain & when you come to a stop if the wipers are on continuous they go to fast intermittent, saving them wearing themselves out on a relatively dry screen. Great idea! How come they didnt do this on the Giulietta? Im actually quite disappointed. By the way neither the Mito or the G have auto wipers.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've put on Nanolex Ultra Glass Sealant and rarely use my wipers, at least at highway speeds :) Rain sensor is an option on the G, isn't it?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I put RainX on my windscreen and I barely have to use the wipers, don't really miss the auto wipers anymore. Well worth the increased visibility in my opinion.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
auto lights and auto wipers are standard on the qv in SA.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I've put on Nanolex Ultra Glass Sealant and rarely use my wipers, at least at highway speeds :) Rain sensor is an option on the G, isn't it?
videos of that nanolex treatment are fairly impressive, but it has to be applied in dry temperatures above 15C ... so it is either clean out the garage and put fan heaters in, or wait for summer :lol:

·
Registered
134 Posts
videos of that nanolex treatment are fairly impressive, but it has to be applied in dry temperatures above 15C ... so it is either clean out the garage and put fan heaters in, or wait for summer :lol:
I didn't notice that, but yeah, you'd have to wait for summer then. I was amazed the first time I saw it with my own eyes. Put the feet on the accelerator and see the water rush off the windshield. Supposedly it will help to prevent ice buildup as well, but I haven't tested it as I rarely park outside.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Our Mito doesn't have auto wipers but they slow down when you stop????? Why doesn't the g's

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Anyone else's autowipers require an initial actuation to get going?
Standard feature according to the handbook

If the engine is switched off with the stalk in the automatic position,
no wiping cycle will take place when the engine is started
again even if it is raining. This prevents accidental activation of the
rain sensor when the engine is started (i.e. when the windscreen
is being washed by hand or the wipers are stuck to the windscreen
by ice).

·
Registered
134 Posts
My parents' 6 yr old Mazda needs no initiation prod for auto wipers to work. Might be an issue with ice, though I never experienced that while using the car. Who handwashes their windscreen with the engine running anyway?

Anyway, I don't have autowipers on my Giulietta so I wouldn't know.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Standard feature according to the handbook

If the engine is switched off with the stalk in the automatic position,
no wiping cycle will take place when the engine is started
again even if it is raining. This prevents accidental activation of the
rain sensor when the engine is started (i.e. when the windscreen
is being washed by hand or the wipers are stuck to the windscreen
by ice).
Hmmm...never thought about it that way before. I would still prefer if it was fully auto though like in the BMWs, Mercs and Audis.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Who handwashes their windscreen with the engine running anyway?
errr
That scruffy bloke with the bucket of dirty water and a sponge full of grit that attacks you at traffic lights and then wants paying for the mess he makes?

·
Registered
134 Posts
errr
That scruffy bloke with the bucket of dirty water and a sponge full of grit that attacks you at traffic lights and then wants paying for the mess he makes?
This is a non-issue in Norway at least. I'd be ****ed if someone came and scratched my car like that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts