Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers side windscreen wiper has developed a waggle. The arm moves at a constant speed across the screen but the actual wiper appears to rotate back and forth a tiny bit on the arm. It's like it is loose fitting. It is however just as snug as the other side which is fine. They are exact fit Bosch Aero style blades and still wipe the screen perfectly well. Anyone else got an experience of this?

I'll replace the blades if needed. But as they still work, would rather find a fix than waste money.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Silly question, but have you tried taking them off and putting them back on ?
I have had problems with Bosch wipers not fitting properly before.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
My drivers one does the same, same blades too aerotwins. Recently had to repair my linkage so assumed it was that.

Only does it at the full extent of it's wipe

·
Registered
121 Posts
Are they the correct size? The passenger side one should be shorter than the drivers side, at least on mine, otherwise they may slightly snag when down, and distort or judder when rising. My last Bosch pair were specified for the 156 (by Halfords) but were both the same size, and I have now had to replace them after 3 months again with Bosch but this time correct sizes, waste of £20 that was, didn't have the energy at the time to argue the toss.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is not due to the fact that they actually bend when wiping the blades that is are you sure it's not just an optical illusion

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are the correct sizes.

They were both fine when installed, just got wobbly over time. It's as if it is catching on the glass, but there is nothing to catch on. Only drivers side doing it. They have been on nearly 2 years so maybe it is just starting to fail.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
255 Posts
It's common with flat blades. Sounds like you need to replace them? Should start to 'whip' in the top corner of the screen as they wear. If its just the top corner then they're worn - if they wobble/whip in the centre then it's likely to be a loose connection to the arm. Driver's blade is longer - hence more whip and wears slightly quicker than passenger side.
Wear in the mechanism will result in a larger sweep pattern (tip of blade will come close to the A Pillar) and/or will wobble both complete arms. Wear in a spindle or a loose fit to the spindle will wobble only one arm.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Yeah, they're the right sizes, I inspected last night, just think it's as the drivers one is a good 5in longer that there's a bit more flex in it, absolutely no movement where it connects to the arm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts