Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I fitted a relay up near the wiper motor. Means that the wiper motor power doesn't have to go through the switch. The wiper speed is now much more constant even during the park.
It was an easy job since all the necessary wiring is already at the wiper motor connector.
Here's a piccie in case anybody else is interested. I can post the wiring details if needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Today I fitted a relay up near the wiper motor. Means that the wiper motor power doesn't have to go through the switch. The wiper speed is now much more constant even during the park.
It was an easy job since all the necessary wiring is already at the wiper motor connector.
Here's a piccie in case anybody else is interested. I can post the wiring details if needed.
Good idea.
Me like ??

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Can never have too many relays on an old Alfa - nice work hm - post up the details please

·
Registered
135 Posts
Can never have too many relays on an old Alfa - nice work hm - post up the details please
Great idea. I do laugh at Italian wiring, relay and massive feed for the horn, everything else has bell wire! Still with the traffic in Rome like it is they probably have the horn blowing 50% of the time.

Also tagging on...our wipers only run at one speed, suspect it is the faster of the two speeds...any ideas what it might be? Haven't looked too deep into it yet but an easy fix would be most welcome.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
post up the details please
OK, wiring details below
Be cautious about the wire colours, my car was not wired in accordance to the circuit diagram.
You might find that
Blue=Green
Blue/black=Black
Blue/white=Brown
Grey=Red

If you really feel adventurous you could add another relay for the fast speed !

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also tagging on...our wipers only run at one speed, suspect it is the faster of the two speeds...any ideas what it might be? Haven't looked too deep into it yet but an easy fix would be most welcome.
Do they auto park when you switch off?
If no I would suspect the wiring around the foot operated screen washer pump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts